Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2 X 13w pc light - $25

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jared B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jared B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2 X 13w pc light - $25
    Posted: January 17 2003 at 1:54pm

Just want to pass the message along.  I just bought a 2 X 13w pc light from lowes for $25.  The bulbs in the setup are 6500K.  It is labeled Rite light, and looks like a drop light.  I am using it to light up my refugium, and was going to take it apart and mount it under a reflector, but it came in a plastic enclosure and had an internal reflector.  It lights everything up really well!  Anyway, just thought that some of you might be looking for a good cheap light for a smaller tank, or refug..

- Jared.

Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2003 at 7:29pm

Way to go Jared!! This hobby is great.

The gold star is for you!

ewaldsreef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ewaldsreef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2003 at 6:18am
 could these bulbs be replaced later with 50/50 Actinic 10,000k or are the bulbs not the correct style?
Contact me for professional aquarium maintenance and localy grown coral frags. [URL=http://www.aquatitranquility.com][/URL]

Jared B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jared B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2003 at 11:44am
I will check into that, but I think they can.  Here is a link to another site where this exact light has been used and gutted out:http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6221  This is where I origonally got the idea.  I know that you can do it with the Wallmart ballast setup, but have not yet tried for mine.  I am only using it for the sump, and the caulerpa is doing well with the 6500K lights.  - Jared. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic