Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Meeting and Voting and Stuff

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Meeting and Voting and Stuff
    Posted: March 05 2004 at 10:56am

Hi all, I'm back.

Just wanted to thank everyone who helped put together last night's meeting, and to everyone who was involved in set up and clean up.  I'm sure it all went well, except for the voting.  Was I the only one not in the loop?  I thought we all had "an understanding" wink wink that it was about time to overturn the current presidency.  I'm going to thank Ryan Foote for being the only person to atleast nominate someone else for president.  Sorry Ryan, I too was pulling for Finch.

I want to say that after speaking with Jake today, looking at the voting results, and even reading the immediate responses to his post today; I'm really excited to see the new presidency in action.  I think it is a great mix of old and new. 

I haven't received feedback on last nights meeting, so I'm not really sure how everything went, but I'm sure it went well.

Thanks everyone.

Adam

Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
jfinch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2004 at 11:22am

I thought we all had "an understanding" wink wink that it was about time to overturn the current presidency.

Ryan started the minute seeds of a coup attempt last night, but he was quickly "quieted" by my people .  Ryan, are you able to walk this morning?

Congrads (or condolences) Adam.

Now tell us about Hawaii!  I don't care about the convention... I want to hear about catching fish!

ssilcox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssilcox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2004 at 11:27am

Jon reminded me of something I had always wondered about. What are the laws regulating the removal of fish from the ocean? Can anyone dive off of hawaii and grab some cool Tangs?

BTW congrats Adam. I got my email the other day on the IMAC, and saw the list of people that were going to be speaking there - it was pretty sweet to see our illustrious presidente on the speaking list. Way to go.

Ryan Willden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Willden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2004 at 12:54pm
Last time I talked to Adam, you just have to have a regular fishing license to catch fish in Hawaii.
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2004 at 2:01pm

The regulations aren't bad, the actually work required to chase down a tang.... well just look how hard it is sometimes to catch them out of the store tank that only has three plastic plants.
I took a few pics, we'll see how they turn out, otherwise maybe I'll just give you a run down sometime.

And as for IMAC.  That really isn't confirmed.  I didn't know I was speaking there until Jake told me today.  Apparently they heard, or saw me, or something, and liked it.  But before I left last week, I had spoken with IMAC but that was a down the road type of thing.  So who knows?

Adam 

Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
Travis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Travis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2004 at 3:14pm

Originally posted by Adam Blundell Adam Blundell wrote:

I thought we all had "an understanding" wink wink that it was about time to overturn the current presidency.

O-you like it...  

rfoote View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rfoote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2004 at 7:19pm

Hey Adam - I even did a write in on the ballot for Jon!  Had to give him a hard time and figure at some point you need a break. 

Jon -  I tried to explain to my wife why I couldn't go to work today.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic