Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aggressive Reef Tank?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
CrimsRayne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrimsRayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aggressive Reef Tank?
    Posted: September 21 2007 at 12:44pm
I have a 125 fish only (plus a long tent. anemone w/ maroon hosting) "aggressive" tank and have been looking into putting some corals or something in it to liven it up a bit.  (the rock just looks bland in comparision to my 24 nano reef Cry) I have Porcupince Puffers and a Cortez Stingray in there now and they have eaten half my cleanup crew.  I don't want to risk an expensive frag or colony as I've heard that puffers tend to eat them.  I want to get another anemone cause the one that's in there is doing great, but will the clown switch anemones, host both, or leave it alone? (of course it varries fish to fish, just in general)  Also has anyone had success keeping corals with puffers?  I've just heard zoos and mushrooms sometimes work.
"What we know from this hobby is too hard to share with the people who just want to look and not get wet." -Rioreefer

"The Puffer Girl"

Zoo freak :)

West Jordan
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2007 at 4:04pm

Gorgonia can be an excellent coral for a tank with a puffer. Unfortunately, Puffers are some of the worst reef fish because they can eat most reef animals. Here is Seti007's old tank with many gorgeous gorgonia.Big%20smile

Edited by Mark Peterson - September 22 2007 at 4:12pm
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic