Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coral pics and fish Pics

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PDoug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PDoug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Coral pics and fish Pics
    Posted: October 09 2007 at 7:15pm
I realize the magnitude of my request but I feel it would be great if you guys could set up a pic gallery, of as many kinds of corals as possible with both scientific and common names and do the same for fish. Again I am asking alot but this would make the WMAS site awesome and even more useful. Far to often I come across corals or fish for sale or in discussion and have no clue what the heck they are. I even have a few corals that neither myself nor anyone I know knows the name of. As soon as I replace the deceased camera I will post and I am certain mike will find the answer for me but hey this is just a thought. Another stupid little request I think in the emoticons we need one that salutes

So can someone throw out some links for good fish and coral pics? (I should have asked that to begin with duh)

Edited by IcyP - October 13 2007 at 12:10am
(307)679-7898 Phillip Douglass 75 Gallon Reef Tank
Dale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2007 at 7:42pm
that would be pretty awesome.
Dale
29g biocube
Ecoxotic LED mod
West Jordan

Shane H View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shane H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2008 at 10:43am
Phillip,

You're right the magnitude of this recommendation is huge. We discussed this request and would like to point you to another website that is used for this exact purpose.  http://aquaticdatabase.com/index.php/Main_Page

This is a wiki-type format and visitors can add content to further the information contained within each category. Although this site is not affiliated with the WMAS, they are very closely related as they share the same webmaster.

Thanks again for taking the time to make a recommendation!
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2008 at 12:33pm
I agree with Shane: Aquatic Database Thumbs%20Up

Mike

PDoug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PDoug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2008 at 8:25pm
Cool thanks Shane
unixnum1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unixnum1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2008 at 11:11am
Is there anthing uploaded to that site?
I spent 15 minutes perusing all of the links and I was unable to find anything there.
So, either the site is empty or my browser is broken.
Just curious.
220G with 30G sump, SPS/LPS. RoboTank Controller.
=====================================

If life is a bowl of cherry's,
why am I always the stem?

PDoug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PDoug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2008 at 9:35pm
The site seems to have a few spots in need of filling but that was the only thing I saw wrong. Given the fact its readers are encouraged to contribute...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic