Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WMAS Calendar

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
hairmonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairmonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2007 at 9:41pm
Big%20smile
Originally posted by frednwilma1999 frednwilma1999 wrote:

Originally posted by hairmonkey hairmonkey wrote:

it could be set up to download. we all get album art that we can download, when we buy a cd. we could print it out ourselves. 
No offense but I would rather pay a few extra dollars and buy it already put together.  Big%20smile
none taken, but from what has been found out it looks like it would be more than a few extra dollars. like i knew it would. Big%20smile

Edited by hairmonkey - October 11 2007 at 9:41pm
"Logic is your friend"
west side salon 250-5314
8370w 3500s magna.
hairmonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairmonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2007 at 9:51pm

now that 1000 would have to be sold,to just break even. i think my idea is a pretty good one. lets see cost to put it together uhmmm a little bit of time? profit almost 100%(imo of course)

"Logic is your friend"
west side salon 250-5314
8370w 3500s magna.
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2007 at 11:04pm
I know someone who prints a calendar every year and sends them to family. It can't cost that much.

Mike

shaggydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaggydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2007 at 11:16pm
I think most of the cost involves paying the people who put it together. Lets get a few volunteers etc and the cost of material shouldn't bring the calendar above $10. I'd donate my time for picture taking.
60g LPS Cube
Debbles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2007 at 11:51pm
Originally posted by shaggydoo shaggydoo wrote:

I think most of the cost involves paying the people who put it together. Lets get a few volunteers etc and the cost of material shouldn't bring the calendar above $10. I'd donate my time for picture taking.

I'll donate some time to put it together.
Yes Mikey...I still have fins!!!
Will Spencer View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Will Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2007 at 12:23am
The cost of a calender would vary greatly depending on the quality.  A fairly low quality calender, (something along the lines of what many of us could do on our color printers,) can be put together at Staples for fairly little.  My guess is around $10.  Higher quality glossy page calenders with high quality photo's could cost at much as $30-$35 for a small run, 100-250), maybe even more.
shaggydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaggydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2007 at 12:27am
Originally posted by Will Spencer Will Spencer wrote:

The cost of a calender would vary greatly depending on the quality.  A fairly low quality calender, (something along the lines of what many of us could do on our color printers,) can be put together at Staples for fairly little.  My guess is around $10.  Higher quality glossy page calenders with high quality photo's could cost at much as $30-$35 for a small run, 100-250), maybe even more.

Wow! Thats a lot more than I thought it would cost. Doesn't anyone here work at a copy store and could get us a deal? ;)
60g LPS Cube
Will Spencer View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Will Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2007 at 12:30am
Just for fun I checked out www.vistaprint.com  I nice calendar on glossy paper from them would run about $20 cost if 100 were ordered.

Apparently my high estimate was really high.  Although I'm sure we could find a place that charges that much.Wink

Edited by Will Spencer - October 12 2007 at 12:31am
adamschrage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamschrage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2007 at 9:36am

I was at a Kinko's the other day and they have calenders you can make with your family photos so I'm guessing it would work for this. I think they were like $18.

bwinberg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwinberg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2007 at 10:49am
Shutterfly.com has them as low as $10 each if you order more then 50.
http://www.shutterfly.com/order/biz_ppp_products.jsp
But again I'm sure it comes down to quality. Maybe we could make one up and order just 1 early enough to see if they are any good.
24 Gal JBJ Nano Cube
Shane H View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shane H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2008 at 10:47am
We love the idea of a WMAS calendar. We are a bit concerned about generating enough interest to sale an adequate number of calendars to keep the price down, but we decided to go for it.

The WMAS will sponsor a photo contest later this year (probably in September) to solicit photos for our calendar. More information and specific details will come later this year. But, start saving your favorite shots for submission!

Please also be on the look out for print options. If anyone has a contact or finds an incredible deal on this type of print service, please let me know.

Thanks for the suggestion!
Crazy Tarzan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crazy Tarzan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2008 at 11:40am
I think you should sell both the calendar and the screen saver cd.  Make it a touch cheaper if you buy both at the same time, and for the contest, give those persons who have the main pics in the calendar a free calendar and cd.  
Was that in there yesterday? Casper--WY windier than ?

Down to a 20, soon to double or nothing
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic