Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2 new clowns

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rabbit2555 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rabbit2555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2 new clowns
    Posted: November 01 2007 at 6:26pm
i just bought two ocellaris clowns from bird world. they are so cool, they where selling them for 12.99 i think that is a pretty good price. but still i am very happy i bought them they are so coolSmileSmile
72g bowfront(two clowns and one chromise a royal gramma and a small blue tang, snails, hermits and misc coral frags

34 gallon Red Sea max
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2007 at 6:28pm
That is a good price!Thumbs%20Up

Mike

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rabbit2555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2007 at 6:31pm
good i was hoping so and you will never guess who i saw at bird world.......the whole wmas presidency and the speaker scott i thought that was pretty cool.
72g bowfront(two clowns and one chromise a royal gramma and a small blue tang, snails, hermits and misc coral frags

34 gallon Red Sea max

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2007 at 6:35pm
Cool. You already got the inside scoop!

Mike

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rabbit2555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2007 at 6:41pm
ya i know i got the right fish because they all helped it was really cool.Smile

34 gallon Red Sea max
dkle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2007 at 7:26pm
It is a good deal.  I bought 5 from them a few weeks ago to set up a little matriarchal clown fish society.  So far so good.  The biggest one clearly is asserting itself as the matriarch; and the next biggest one occasionally would shimmy in front of her, showing his good moveBig%20smile.  The smallest three innocently swim all over the tank, oblivious of the naughty interaction between the two bigger fishLOL.
If you can't bedazzle them with your brilliance, baffle them with your bs!
Dinhkim Le - Procrastinator extra-ordinare

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2007 at 12:30am
Nice to meet you guys tonight Trenton!

Mike

Will Spencer View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Will Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2007 at 1:27am
It was great meeting you at Bird World.  I hope you enjoy your clown's.  I think I'm going to try to get up there and get some soon myself.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rabbit2555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2007 at 1:00pm
ya they are so cool and it was fun at that meeting, now i cant wait tell dec. 4!!!!Smile

34 gallon Red Sea max
Shane H View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shane H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2007 at 1:45pm
Trenton,

Tell us more about your long term plans for this aquarium.

For example:

Are you planning to keep corals? If so, what type?
Would you like to add an anemone?
How much live rock have you added (or do you plan to add)?
How deep is the sand bed?
Where is the tank located (basement, bedroom, etc)?
Do you have a heater in the tank?
What are you using to move the water around?

I am excited to see you so involved with your tank. I'm also very glad you like the oscellaris you purchased. This was a very smart selection for your first fish. They are hardy, nominally priced and super fun to watch.

By answering a few of the questions above, we can help you decide where to go from here. There are so many options (as you saw last night), and with some thoughtful planning, and patience you can have a stunning aquarium.

Keep me posted ....
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2007 at 1:55pm
Ohhhh, so you are Rabbit2555!!!  Nice to meet you the other day, now I'll know who you are online.
Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
Jamison View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2007 at 2:01pm
It was great to meet you and your mom yesterday at Bird World, at the meeting, and agin at dinner. Your enthusiasm for the hobby is fantastic. Let us know if you need any help propping the front edge of your tank up a little.
Educate. Inspire. Conserve.

http://[email protected]

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rabbit2555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2007 at 7:18pm

ok well right now i have one small xenia one kind of mushroom looking one and two others i dont know the names(ill post pics later when i get my camera) i would love to have an anemone i think i probably have oh 25 lbs of live rock and 30 lbs base rock. my sand bed it about 2 to 3 inches. i have a heater. right now i have two power heads but im not sure they are very good?

34 gallon Red Sea max
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic