Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ID Worms?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dmanshep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmanshep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ID Worms?
    Posted: February 12 2003 at 1:05pm
This post is for Mark

"Here is something interesting. What are these foot long worms swimming in the tank at dusk and are they good or bad?
Mark"

Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2003 at 1:43pm

dmanshep,

I say that are not only good, but fantastic!  Some of your fish will eat them, and it is best to not let them get out of control.... but they are great.  More than anything, they signify your tank is doing well.  Another member of our club has had them out recently.  When did you take this picture? Is your tank located by a window?  Just a theory I have.

Adam

Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
dmanshep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmanshep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2003 at 1:51pm
This post was posted on behalf of Mark Petersen
Firefish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Firefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2003 at 5:47pm
Those are neato, but kinda weird too.
Jeff Hite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Hite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2003 at 5:00pm
Amazing, how long have they been in there?  How many of them are in there?
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2003 at 5:03pm

Noone knows how long they have been around, perhaps from the dawn of time!

My guess is that they were intoduced at least a year ago because that is the last time Rick Bangerter added anything to his tank before he left for Brazil. These seem to be detritivores since there seem to be no missing coral.

As for your last question, there could be many. My guess is that there are hundreds or thousands of babies.

Frankly, I wish there were more people interested in discussing these ugly things. If there were some interest, I thought I would bring them to the meeting tomorrow but alas...

Mark

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic