Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

250 Watt Metal Halide Bulbs Group Buy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SSpargur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSpargur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 250 Watt Metal Halide Bulbs Group Buy
    Posted: February 13 2003 at 8:26am

I would be interested.  [email protected]

John Fletcher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Fletcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2003 at 9:20am

In August or September of this year I will be interested.  I am upgrading my 55 Gal. to a 120 or 125 gal.  Please keep me in mind around that time.

John Fletcher

Ryan Willden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Willden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2003 at 9:44am

Also, when posting your interest, please include how many bulbs you are interested in. (At this great price, it might be wise to stock up on a few of them.)

Thank you!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Fletcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2003 at 9:48am
I would want three (3)
jhodges View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhodges Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2003 at 6:30pm
i'd me interested in 1 or 2
jenjardu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenjardu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2003 at 8:34am
can you get the balist too.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Willden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2003 at 8:44am

I can get you a Dual 250 Watt Metal Halide Ballast with an Aluminum enclosure and Mogul Sockets/cables for about $250 Shipping Included. (Single Ballasts also available.)

Or, I can get you a Dual 175 Watt Metal Halide Ballast with Aluminum Enclosure and Mogul Sockets/cables for about $220 Shipping Included. (Single Ballasts also available.)

I can also get you a 400 Watt Dual/single Ballast as well.

Each 2' feet of  Aquarium should have at least a 175 or 250 watt metal halide to keep sps, etc. That means with a 4' tank, you should have a dual ballast kit.

They come complete with a 5 Year Manufacturer warranty. The Ballasts are manufactured by Advance Transformer, and are very good ballasts. The enclosures are a high quality aluminum enclosure with seperate on/off switches for the dual ballast models. Included are the quick-connect cables and plugs. All of the above mentioned ballasts are "plug and play" so to speak. They do not include reflectors, but 10"x48" reflectors are available for about $100. However, I don't think the reflector is necessary if you can build your own.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Fletcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2003 at 9:11am

Let me know how the count is going around Aug. or Sept.

John

Kevin View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2003 at 12:45pm

I was just wondering, how often do you need to replace a metal Halide Bulb?

Thanks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Fletcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2003 at 12:57pm
I replace mine every year, or when my lime wrasse splashes water on the bulb.  In the past two weeks I have preplaced two.  I have a trap on hold for Wednesday, so I hope I can get him out.  This is getting to be expensive.
Flaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2003 at 7:47am
I'm wondering what the price is on these bulbs?  I didn't see it listed anywhere in the topic (except for the ballasts)...  Also, what brand/color temp would these bulbs be?  I'd be interested in two 250watt bulbs if they are what I'm after...
Sarnack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarnack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2003 at 9:23am

John,

Wow, That is crazy.  Why don't you make a shield out of glass to keep the bulb from getting splashed?  I have some acrylic you can have if that would work but with the heat I'm sure it would have to be a good distance from the bulb to keep from melting.

Dave

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Fletcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2003 at 10:06am

I will not be having this problem any more.  With the help of my wife, I got the sucker out and traded him for a real nice acro frag.  I also thought of the shield, but the up keep would be more of a pain, with my canopy and all.  Thanks though.

John

Kevin View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2003 at 10:00am
I was just wondering if this buy is still going to happen. If it does I would be interested in 2. Thanks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Willden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2003 at 12:13am

Kevin, we need an order of 25 before we can get the price I've been working on. Also, I was able to work the supplier a bit to get him to lower the price to about $40 a piece plus shipping. If we get the word out, and can get 25, we'll be in good shape to make the order.

Ryan

jfinch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2003 at 10:30am

I'll take one.  Perhaps two if the order doesn't go through until late summer.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic