Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Devil Tang?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rebekwl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebekwl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Devil Tang?
    Posted: February 12 2008 at 10:25pm
We recently purchased a Tomini Tang, or "Flame Fin Tang".  I noticed earlier that it was nibbling at the heads of our Green Bubble coral, Candy Cane coral AND our Fuzzy Mushrooms.  I'm wondering if anyone has ever heard of a Tomini Tang eating corals, or if maybe it's just picking stuff off of them?  Like all Tangs, he's marked as reef safe, but I want to make sure that he's not trying to hurt the corals, because if so, he's gotta go.  Thanks!
92 corner w/ 30 gal sump
Mantis tank coming soon

"Ain't nobody got Time for that"
rebekwl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebekwl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2008 at 10:30pm

Sorry, this post is in the wrong spot.  Could somone move it to where it belongs?  Thanks :)

92 corner w/ 30 gal sump
Mantis tank coming soon

john hill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2008 at 10:34pm
my blue hippo eats zoos
out with the large and in with the nano
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2008 at 10:35pm
Moved.

pa_reptileman_4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pa_reptileman_4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2008 at 10:53pm
he could be just eating algea, i had a tang that looked like he was picking at my pipe organ but come to find out he was not harmed, but the algea was gone.
pitiful guppy tank.
shane

Dion Richins View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2008 at 12:09am
Mine has never botherd any corals but you never know.....
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
Will Spencer View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Will Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2008 at 1:06am
Never had problems with my Tomini, but they are all individuals.
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2008 at 8:03am
I've never heard of them eating corals but I have seen them eating the algae off of corals.

Mike

Dutch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2008 at 10:12am
I know it's diffrent but my Hippo LOVED LPS! He ate the crap out of it....

Dutch
Honda nut(If you need your Honda worked on give me a PM)

"For the last 10 years of my life I get paid to hurt People, thats what I do, I hurt people" -Jeremy Horn
rebekwl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebekwl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2008 at 11:51am
Thanks everyone.  Looks like we'll just have to keep an eye in him and make sure he's just trying to eat algae or maybe even food that's stuck to them.  If he starts taking chuncks out of my corals, he's going to have to find a new home. 
92 corner w/ 30 gal sump
Mantis tank coming soon

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic