Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Possible stocklist for 65g

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Acrid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Acrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2008 at 2:01pm
bluezooaquatics.com has the possum wrasse in stock. The only places I can find the blue reef chromis in stock are freshmarine.com and marinedepotlive.stores.yahoo.net. Bluezooaquatics also had the Tono's Fairy Wrasse, but now I am thinking I would rather have a Blue Flasher Fairy Wrasse which MarineDepotLive also has in stock.

I am hesitant to order the blue reef chromis though, as they aren't guaranteed to arrive alive.
90g Reef
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2008 at 3:45pm
I would check with your favorite LFS to see if they can order them in for you.

Mike

Acrid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Acrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2008 at 1:36pm
Well, LiveAquaria got them in stock & they offer the 14 day guarantee. So I went ahead & ordered 2 from there. And like, 3 snails. Paid more for shipping than I did for the livestock, of course. Anyway, I hope the fish survive the trip, it seems they may be delicate shippers...
90g Reef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2008 at 3:42pm
I'll be anxious to hear how they do and see pictures too!

Mike

Acrid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Acrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2008 at 1:48pm
So the 2 Blue Reef Chromis I ordered from LiveAquaria just arrived. They are both alive, so far so good. 
90g Reef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2008 at 5:12pm

That is good news. I'd like to see pictures of them when you can.

Mike

Acrid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Acrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2008 at 7:37pm
Still alive. These don't really seem like "delicate shippers" to me... They are in the quarantine tank until June. The live rock rubble will be going back into my sump, I am going to Home Depot to get some pipe to make them a fake "reef" to swim through. I was thinking about doing hyposalinity while quarantining them. Is this a good idea, or does it stress them out unnecessarily & would it be better to see if they actually have ich? This is the first time we've ever QT'd anything, since we only have 2 other fish.

You can see the blue highlights a little more in this picture.

There is no light in the cabinet this tank is housed in yet. We ordered a LED light strip which I am thinking about putting in over the sump/refugium. Would chaeto/calupera still grow under LEDs? Then I could put our PC light over the QT & also use it for frags.
90g Reef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2008 at 8:29pm
My chaeto grows great under LEDs. Those fish look good but they are darker than I expected.

Mike

Acrid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Acrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2008 at 9:57pm
They're darker than I expected, too. I think they'll be brighter once I get a real light above them though. 
90g Reef
Acrid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Acrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2008 at 11:48pm
So the second chromis fish stopped hiding behind the rocks and they are actually starting to swim around the QT now. I tried feeding them some pellets but neither really showed any interest, which worries me. They both ate a little yesterday though.

Anyway, the second fish looks much different than the other. It is surprising.

90g Reef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2008 at 7:12am
Very nice. That is more like what I expected. You can even see the black on the tail.

Mike

Acrid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Acrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2008 at 10:16am
Ugh, so I woke up this morning to find one not doing very well. He is lying on the bottom breathing heavily. Is there anything I can do or is he doomed? Water in the QT tested fine last night. The other one seems fine. Is this stress related? Perhaps they are apparently "delicate shippers."
90g Reef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2008 at 5:05pm
It doesn't sound good.

Mike

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic