Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2nd one's going

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Kynneke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kynneke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2008 at 9:01am
I just checked for a UV Sterilizer, let me go search on some ozone and maybe post for one here... thanks, we'll see if that helps.

Is this 18w a good model?

Edited by Kynneke - May 10 2008 at 9:09am
SSpargur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSpargur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2008 at 10:38am
An 18 watt UV sterilizer would be definitely sufficient for a system with 130 gallons of water.
Sean Spargur
West Valley, UT
tileman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tileman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2008 at 10:52am
I run that exact same one on my 225g, along with ozone. I need to replace the bulb, as it has been running for close to a year, but I've been a slacker.  If you want to buy it local, Aquatica sells them.
335G Reef
TOTM.
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2015/2/aquarium
ReefKeepers TOTM Feb. 2012
http://reefkeeping.com/joomla/index....k-of-the-month

&
Kynneke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kynneke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2008 at 8:47am
Is Aquatica the one down in Salt Lake at around 7200 South?
tileman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tileman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2008 at 9:19am
335G Reef
TOTM.
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2015/2/aquarium
ReefKeepers TOTM Feb. 2012
http://reefkeeping.com/joomla/index....k-of-the-month

&
Kynneke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kynneke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2008 at 7:21am
The white cottony stuff is gone off of my tongue but the white ring is getting bigger.  Doesn't make a lot of sense because the tentacles are extending longer than ever!  Should I cut the white part off?  That'd pretty much cut the tongue in 1/3's leaving me with 2 tiny tongues but no skeleton.
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2008 at 1:15pm

After what we spoke about last night, it makes perfect sense to me. I know it's hard to stop worrying about the coral, but to save the coral, you need to do the things we spoke of ASAP.

Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
Kynneke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kynneke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2008 at 1:29pm

I've done all but the baking soda, I'll make some up tonight but it was too late last night.  So I'll just lave the poor little guy alone.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic