Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Like the sun.... again

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Like the sun.... again
    Posted: June 08 2004 at 3:52pm

I found a way to double the amount of light in my tank.  No not adding a reflector. 

Last week Jake and I visited Tileman's house to do some videotaping.  I couldn't believe how clean his glass was.  So when I went home I decided to clean my glass.  This was the first time I've cleaned that glass in 10 months.  Anyway, maybe my tank really was well lit before, and I didn't need that second halide.... because after cleaning the glass I can't believe how bright my tank is. 

But I'm still glad I have the second halide, and am thinking of adding a third.

But for everyone else, before you buy new lights, try cleaning your glass first.

Adam

Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
tileman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tileman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2004 at 6:00pm

Adam, I just got my new lights and canopy, two hqi halides, I cant believe the difference it makes, you'll have to stop by again and check it out.

Brad

ssilcox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssilcox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2004 at 6:54pm
Sweet Brad! Did you go with the 20k's?
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2004 at 6:54pm

I still don't know why you would change your lights.  Your tank was awesome.  Definately one of the best in the club.

I guess I will have to come see it again.

Adam

Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
tileman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tileman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2004 at 8:09pm

Yea Shane I went with the aqua medic ocean lights, and they are the 20k's .

You'll have to come over and check it out

coreyk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coreyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2004 at 9:09pm

brad... is that the little 10" aquamedic? did you go with the 250s? how big is your tank?

<edit> looks really nice BTW!

Edited by coreyk
tileman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tileman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2004 at 9:54pm

cory ,yes they are but I went with 150's, my tank is only 65 gallons.

The Aquarium had my canopy built for 230.00 it's sixteen inches high so I can bring the lights down closer after the corals get used to them.

My wife wouldnt let me hang them from the ceiling thats why I went with the taller canopy. 

Thank you for the compliment, I'm pleased with it.

Brad

coreyk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coreyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2004 at 10:07pm
very nice job - looks fantastic.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic