Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

150 Center Brace

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Biznitch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biznitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 150 Center Brace
    Posted: July 29 2008 at 3:44pm
I might be buying a 150 gallon, but they said the glass center brace popped.  They now have angle iron holding it together which I would want to remove for the rust factor.  How hard is it to replace a center brace and what materials could I use?
Adam Sainsbury

West Jordan

801-859-5969
dew2loud1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dew2loud1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2008 at 3:56pm
If it's glass than you need nothing more than silicone, take all the extra stuff off and get a 3-6" wide piece of glass cut and silicone it on and let it dry.  
Cameron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cameron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2008 at 6:11pm
That is exactly what i did to my 125 and it works great. before it boswe hella bad, like a bowfront. lol. Now, no bowing!
[COLOR="Red"](801)664-4240

Eventine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eventine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2008 at 6:32pm
The center brace on our acrylic tank was broken when we got it so I used the highly scientific process of duct taping the crap out of it, haven't had a problem in the year we have had it.
CrimsRayne's offical water mule

West Jordan
RockStarFish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RockStarFish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2008 at 7:09pm
If you can't Duck it %*&@ it right
Mike Sanches

Magna
Cameron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cameron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2008 at 7:09pm
How exactly did that work Alex? Can u still c in ut tank? I assume so but i wonder

Eventine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eventine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2008 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by Cameron Cameron wrote:

How exactly did that work Alex? Can u still c in ut tank? I assume so but i wonder

You've seen the tank Big%20smile. Can you guess which one has it?
CrimsRayne's offical water mule

West Jordan
Cameron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cameron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2008 at 10:12pm
Well, i know which on eit is, ur only acrylic, but i didnt know? wtf.

SWells View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SWells Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2008 at 10:49pm
I am assuming you are looking at the tank that is on KSL currently. If you look at the pictures, thy used angle iron for the entire top brace. So the black plastic brace around the top is all angle iron...I think the previous posts are describing how to replace the center brace only. I may be wrong, but I just thought there may need to be some clarification.
Steve & Stephanie Wells

Riverton, UT
Biznitch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biznitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2008 at 3:28pm
I talked with her about it after I posted this, and you are correct it is all angle iron.  I actually just went to Fish-4-U and bought a 210.  Didnt want to do much tank maintenance before I could use it.  Thanks for looking out.
Adam Sainsbury

West Jordan

801-859-5969
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic