Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hands On!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Turbostud653 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turbostud653 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hands On!
    Posted: September 16 2008 at 2:49pm

I got a idea when I was with my Nephew at Home Depot.  Just wanted to know if there was any interest or not.  What they do there is have hands on projects for different things.  DIY kinds of things.l  Iw as wondering possible once a month we have on a saturday a DO-it- Yourself project.  Like building a calcium reactor or sump building or other things.  Let me know what you think?
Here is what a customer said while on hold Oh my gosh! Did you open the door? I told you not to open the door. Dre is in here completely naked and he's got freak'n Macaroni and Cheese in his hands.
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2008 at 3:00pm

I think that suggestion will go over well at the next pres meeting.

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
lockdown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lockdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2008 at 3:22pm
I agree, I just wish it could also be Sunday. I work every Saturday. Shift work, it's a pain.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2008 at 6:03pm
Thumbs%20Up for me!
jcoulter17 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcoulter17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2009 at 11:15pm
I would really like that. I want to learn more about acrylic. I would even pay to take a class on working with acrylic. Any one know of any classes?
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2009 at 11:33pm
We did the acrylic seminar... it was in August.

Adam
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2009 at 11:34pm
By the way.... Matt thanks for this idea now over a year old.  It was fun to do this year.  I don't believe the saturday seminars will continue but I had fun with them.

Adam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcoulter17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2009 at 11:53pm
I know I wanted to go but it was for member only. At that time i was a guest. Do you know if we are going to do it again?
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2009 at 11:55pm
I don't know... but I'm kind of doubting it.  You can suggest it to the next presidency.... nothing to lose.

Adam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcoulter17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2009 at 12:02am

why doubt it did not a lot of poeple slow up last time. I wound think people would what to learn about this. Again if I can find a class to go to even if its in a diff. state. I will go and just still in a hotel

Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2009 at 8:22am
Originally posted by jcoulter17 jcoulter17 wrote:

why doubt it did not a lot of poeple slow up last time. I wound think people would what to learn about this. Again if I can find a class to go to even if its in a diff. state. I will go and just still in a hotel

Many of the seminars were well attended and other not so much. It is a lot of work putting these together and sometimes difficult to find someone willing to put in the time to organize and lead the seminar. I do think they are of value to the club members.

Mike

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcoulter17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2009 at 8:46am

If I really knew what I was doing not just think. I think Im doing a good job. I would lead the seminar. If you can get someone to lead the seminar. I bet I can used the wood shop on the base for the meeting

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic