Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

clear acrylic tubing?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tcfab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tcfab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: clear acrylic tubing?
    Posted: October 19 2008 at 11:27pm
Does anybody know of anyone local that sells this? I am looking for 5" diameter and 3" diameter.

Thanks
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2008 at 6:04am
Regional Supply in Salt Lake is one supplier.

Mike

Sculpin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sculpin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2008 at 1:34pm
I checked on Dex under plastic in Ogden and there were several listings. Give that a try, you might find something closer.

Sculpin
jcaulley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcaulley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2008 at 2:16pm
Profesional Plastics in Kaysville.  I have some 3" or 3.5" extruded acrylic tubing left over from a project.  When you come over for the mushrooms you can take a look and see if you would be interested in buying some of it.  The outside diameter is the same as 3" pvc.

Edited by jcaulley - October 22 2008 at 2:17pm
Jared Caulley
West Haven, UT
16g Bowfront, mostly LPS
125g in progress
Sculpin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sculpin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2008 at 2:51pm
Soooo what are you getting it for?

tcfab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tcfab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2008 at 10:31pm
building a skimmer similiar to an aquac
ReefBones View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReefBones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2008 at 7:06pm
I hear that Eric from Marine Aquatics has started a plastic shop .. you may want to contact him ... 
140 gallon Reef
65 gallon Reef
55 gallon Aggressive

www.thesalttank.com

801-865-6074

"encourage other divers and sea enthusiasts to take nothing but pictures and leave nothing but bubbles"
jpndave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpndave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2008 at 8:15pm
I have used the Regional supply extruded acrylic and it crazed horribly when glued!  That Kalk reactor ended up an expensive piece of garbage.  I ordered some cast from McMaster carr www.mcmaster.com and it worked great on the replacement.  I also bought 1ft of 5 1/4" od 1/8" wall and will be using less than 1/2 of that.  How much do you need?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic