Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What Coral Do You Want

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Will Spencer View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Will Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2004 at 1:54pm
I almost forgot one of my favorites.  Gorgonia!
Crazy Tarzan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crazy Tarzan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2004 at 1:56pm
How about you set the first hour for having several tables with demonstrations of how to frag a certain coral, and then have the second hour for purchasing the frags you made the first hour?
Was that in there yesterday? Casper--WY windier than ?

Down to a 20, soon to double or nothing
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2004 at 2:16pm

We will have tables set up for the Swap Meet.  You are welcome to bring all your old junk and trade or sell it.  Also, we will be sending out requests for coral donations next week.

As for the meeting set up.  Yes Carl, for more education.  Unfortunately you need to know that lots of people don't actually care to learn anything.  They either already know how to frag (or think they do) or just don't care.  Lots and lots of people want to come, buy one of everything, and go home. 
This meeting won't be that great for them, as the selling portion won't be taking place at the beginning anyway.

Hopefully we've listened to all the input, and actually addressed some of it.

Adam

Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
Will Spencer View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Will Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2004 at 2:19pm
I personally say "WooHoo!!!" to more education and less mad dash.  After all this isn't the Boston Marathon.
Jamison View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2004 at 3:04pm
I've only fragged GSP before, so I'm anxious to see you guys in fragging action. I'm bringing a newbie buddy too, so please don't feel like the education part will go unappreciated. We'll be there to learn and thank you for the free lesson. As many different varieties of corals (LPS, leathers, SPS, shroomorphidae etc) as possible. I don't think it matters how rare or common the coral is, as long as I gain info to help me in my future fragging endeavors.
Educate. Inspire. Conserve.

http://[email protected]
Weimers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weimers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2004 at 5:24pm
Gorgonia would be good.  Basically, I'll second anything that Will likes, because whatever grows good for him does well in our tank.  Mark's gorgonia from the January frag meeting is doing good.
Renee and Damon Weimer
Tankless in Hawaii
Marcus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2004 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by Adam Blundell Adam Blundell wrote:

Marcus- we should have some large corals or large frags for sale.  However, most people have asked for small cuttings.  Also, the goal isn't to sell big frags but to teach people HOW to frag so they can go home and do the same.  The problem is, is that now we have so many people who know how to frag that they don't care to come learn, they just want to come get cheap coral. 

I guess the frag size will somewhat depend on how many corals we have, and how many people show up.  But the request is noted, I'll see what we can do.

Adam

I mean for coral's sake, not the hobbyist's sake.  Small, wait - I mean Teeny Tiny frags (like they were last time) don't survive as well as 1"ers or so.  But I don't really care anyway, just thought I would bring up an old dead thread about pink birdsnest.  hahaha....

Jake Pehrson View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake Pehrson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2004 at 8:19am

Marcus,

Have no fear, the frags will be bigger then last meeting!  We should have some nice corals to frag.

Jake Pehrson

Murray

coralplanet.com

:)
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2004 at 8:27am

Ah, I see.  That makes sense.  Well we will have (I think) some very large frags as well.  

Adam

Marcus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2004 at 5:36pm
I am just giving you guys a hard time, that's all...  You always do a good job and I'm sure you will this time too.
Travis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Travis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2004 at 10:08am
Some Blue Tort would get me there .  Sense I have never attended one, how does it all work??  Are there frags in tanks you can choose from and buy??  Is WMAS looking for donated corals?? 
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2004 at 11:17am

Frags will be mostly pre bagged ready to buy.  But we will have a few corals out, for a seminar type meeting.  We are always looking for donated corals.  I'll have more info after tonight, and will be sending out an email.

I suggest coming, but let me get back to you tomorrow.

Adam

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic