Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Whats happening to my zooa's

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Brandon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brandon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2009 at 10:19am
Wow Pufferpunk,

Great to see you on this forum.  She definitely knows what she is talking about. The Queen of Vitamin C!

Clap
Pufferpunk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pufferpunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2009 at 10:42am
Did a Yahoo search for threads on VC to see if I could help out.  Glad I found you guys--let me know if you have more Qs about this.  It has improved the overall health of every single coral & fish in my tank.  I have cured HLLE in a purple tang & even zoapox, with VC.  My LPS are fluffier, growing faster & more colorful than ever & my zoas aren't melting anymore!!! :D
JWayment View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JWayment Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2009 at 10:52am
Thanks Pufferpunk for coming to our forum and helping.

Do you have any SPS in your tank? I have read the thread on RC and reef2reef, but everyone that doses VC tend to do so with LPS and zoa's so I was wondering what the effects on SPS would be.

Thanks
Josh
120 gal reef
55 gal predator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pufferpunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2009 at 11:29am
Yes, I have many SPs in my tank, although that is not my main focus.   Many that were not growing at all have much improved growth now.

Edited by Pufferpunk - March 02 2009 at 11:30am
JWayment View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JWayment Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2009 at 12:16pm
Thanks, I just ordered the VC from iHerb, but I started on Sunday adding VC tablets. I will try and get some before pics of my Zoa colony that isn't looking so good and prompted the VC dosing.

Josh
120 gal reef
55 gal predator
Brandon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brandon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2009 at 9:06pm
JWayment,

Keep us posted, and be sure to take some before and after pics.
Rioreefer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rioreefer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2009 at 2:35pm
Puffer what is your recomendation of doasage for a 90g with mod/heavy livestock?
Starting dose and final amount over X weeks
I dont mean to brag but, yeah it's 6ft long.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pufferpunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2009 at 1:51am
I posted a dosing chart 1 page back.

Edited by Pufferpunk - March 04 2009 at 1:55am
Rioreefer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rioreefer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2009 at 6:15pm
Man how did I miss that.
I dont mean to brag but, yeah it's 6ft long.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic