Utah Reefs Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I have connections to a very discounted print sho
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I have connections to a very discounted print sho

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
T_kennedy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T_kennedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I have connections to a very discounted print sho
    Posted: November 16 2008 at 11:38am
so this could possibly create those membership cards and i talked to my friend who owns the shop and said that printing the monthly sea star magazine and mailing it to subscribed members could be done in amounts of up to 1000 in high gloss magazine paper including shipping to the subscribers for 100 a month which may or may not be in the budget but still a possibility
I SUPPORT SAVING THE PACIFIC NORTHWEST TREE OCTOPUS

Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2008 at 12:56pm
I think this is a great idea.  I'm in favor of mailing out SeaStars... although I typically get outvoted on this.

By the way at $.40 postage, and 200 members, that is $80 just in postage.  And if we did send up to 1,000 of them that would be $400 just in postage.  I'm betting your friend will want to recalculate his estimate for us. Embarrassed  Otherwise, I'll personally pay the $100 per month to him myself!!!!

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
jfinch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2008 at 5:25pm
As a general rule, I think the .pdf versions are just fine for everyone here on the board.  But there are a few members (Dave Tea and my father-in-law and ???) who never get on-line and would definitely feel more "part of the group" if they were to get a monthly mailing.  I think you guys aught to consider going over the membership and find the members who never get on the message board and send them a monthly mailing.
jfinch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2008 at 5:27pm
Oh and it doesn't have to be glossy and color.  Just a mailing.
Jake Pehrson View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake Pehrson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2008 at 6:24pm
If it really that cheap then we should look into it for sure.  Verify the price, but that is also something that we could look at utilizing for the reef tour.  Past estimates for printing are much much higher.
Jake Pehrson

Murray

coralplanet.com

:)
Dion Richins View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2008 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by Adam Blundell Adam Blundell wrote:

I think this is a great idea.  I'm in favor of mailing out SeaStars... although I typically get outvoted on this.

By the way at $.40 postage, and 200 members, that is $80 just in postage.  And if we did send up to 1,000 of them that would be $400 just in postage.  I'm betting your friend will want to recalculate his estimate for us. Embarrassed  Otherwise, I'll personally pay the $100 per month to him myself!!!!

Adam

If its $100 per month I would split it with youWink
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
T_kennedy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T_kennedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2008 at 7:52pm
indeed its like a drs.foster & smith magazine and yes he recalculated it and it is in total of printing and shipping it will total to $436.76 including tax i hate to be rude but if you disagree id recommend thinking about this for a second its much more professional to begin with

Jake Pehrson View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake Pehrson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2008 at 8:13pm
So is that $436.76 for 100 full color magazines (Dr. Foster Smith type) and includes mailing them out as well?  This may not be feasable for a Seastar, but it may be something to look into when (if?) we have the next reef tour.
Jake Pehrson

Murray

coralplanet.com

:)
T_kennedy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T_kennedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2008 at 8:31pm
accually he said that because the cost of the job is 65-70% firing up the press, that the amount of copies in that priced order of 500 copies is the cheapest and most economical order by dollar-per-issue rate. so in short we could use them for informational monthly issues for hobbiest members and possible recruitment at LFS counters as well as mailed issues. and possible club income @ a cheap price of 35 cents per issue at LFS and non-members alike ive said my sales pitch why dont you all think it over and post your thoughts

Shane H View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shane H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2008 at 10:03pm
Travis,

Would you mind having your friend contact me about this? I am interested in talking to them about this in more detail

They can reach me at (435) 720-2599.

Thanks,
Shane Heil
T_kennedy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T_kennedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2008 at 5:08pm
absolutley sure

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic