Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

broadcast the Meetings VIA Internet

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ReefBones View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReefBones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: broadcast the Meetings VIA Internet
    Posted: November 26 2008 at 11:26am
I know there are a few of us that are unable to make it to the meetings .. it would be cool if you could video conference the meetings .. I know it would be hard to do .. but I think if you could broadcast the conference live over the Internet would be a cool thing for us unable to make them .. and especially the paid members that are in southern Utah and out of state ...

Edited by ReefBones - November 26 2008 at 11:27am
140 gallon Reef
65 gallon Reef
55 gallon Aggressive

www.thesalttank.com

801-865-6074

"encourage other divers and sea enthusiasts to take nothing but pictures and leave nothing but bubbles"
Jake Pehrson View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake Pehrson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2008 at 6:19pm
We have talked about this as a presidency.  If someone was willing to set it up and broadcast the meeting then that would be great.  We had even discussed posting the meeting as a podcast.  There is one major hang up, many of the speakers will not allow us to do this.
Jake Pehrson

Murray

coralplanet.com

:)
cl2ysta1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cl2ysta1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2008 at 6:30pm

could always cut out the speakers.

sounds likee a cool idea!
I <3 Boxers
Achilles tang lover
Dion Richins View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2008 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by cl2ysta1 cl2ysta1 wrote:

could always cut out the speakers.

sounds likee a cool idea!

But aren't the speakers what you would want to hear/see?
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
cl2ysta1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cl2ysta1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2008 at 9:43pm
maybe I want to see who has a boogie up their nose!
I <3 Boxers
Achilles tang lover
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2008 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by cl2ysta1 cl2ysta1 wrote:

maybe I want to see who has a boogie up their nose!

My bad. I guess that would be worth it.
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
Shane H View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shane H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2008 at 12:25am
Thanks for the suggestion. We offered DVD copies of the meetings for a time, but there was so little interest, that we discontinued the project.  The presidency will discuss your recommendation at the next presidency meeting.
T_kennedy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T_kennedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2008 at 2:48pm
i'll look into setting up a webcam
I SUPPORT SAVING THE PACIFIC NORTHWEST TREE OCTOPUS

asmgss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asmgss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2008 at 4:12pm
Try changing the days of the meetings around so people from out of state and from southern Utah could make some of them.
mike
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2008 at 10:51am
Its on tuesday next week!!!
Bad "censored" Cabinets
asmgss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asmgss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2008 at 11:32am
I work Monday - Friday straight graves and live out of state, try doing friday nights or saturday midday once in awhile.
mike
ReefBones View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReefBones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2008 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by Jake Pehrson Jake Pehrson wrote:

We have talked about this as a presidency.  If someone was willing to set it up and broadcast the meeting then that would be great.  We had even discussed posting the meeting as a podcast.  There is one major hang up, many of the speakers will not allow us to do this.

you could always secure it .. post the link in the paid members forum .. or put it on a secure web page and only give the passwords to the WMAS members/users ...
140 gallon Reef
65 gallon Reef
55 gallon Aggressive

www.thesalttank.com

801-865-6074

"encourage other divers and sea enthusiasts to take nothing but pictures and leave nothing but bubbles"
EagleEyez5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EagleEyez5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2008 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by ReefBones ReefBones wrote:

Originally posted by Jake Pehrson Jake Pehrson wrote:

you could always secure it .. post the link in the paid members forum .. or put it on a secure web page and only give the passwords to the WMAS members/users ...

Then offer it as a live feed only. I understand that some speakers want to keep their presentations as live only, otherwise other clubs may not pay to bring them in to speak. This is above my knowledge of the internet, so we would have to include someone who knows how to set it up.

WMAS PAID SPONSOR
Shane H View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shane H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2008 at 3:16pm
Might be cool.

We will have to be careful not to have two conflicting goals. I may consider avoiding the drive to SLC is I could just stream the meeting.  Something like this may reduce meeting attendance. 

Interesting question though ...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic