FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRecomendation for Voting Procedures for 2009

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Dion Richins View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2008 at 3:15pm
I also would add that the people running for pres and vp should be active and attend most of the meetings. Actual percentage would need to be determined.
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
jpiotrowski View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2008 at 3:18pm
Shane,
Great reccomendationThumbs Up

1 full year in the presidency of wmas then you should be eligible to be president. 

If you 'include similar sized or budgeted organization' you would have someone asking for proof.  In this election we had someone ask for proof of business license (that doesn't really concern the club)

Keep it short and direct.  Keep all the fluff out so there isn't any grey area.

superman1981 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2008 at 3:21pm
I think that we should just set up a poll in the Paid Member Forum (is there a way to limit everyone to one vote?)  Then we could all sit around and refresh our computers and watch the bars go up... or not up...
Sure you are, you are Crappy Reef Club Member #1 -Chk4tix

6 gal nanocube
65 gal build thread
jpiotrowski View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2008 at 3:27pm
Jeff,
After the previous two elections (2006 & 2007) there were reccomendations to change this process...it is not new or suprising.  Even a presidency member vented their frustration about it always being an issue.  This (the third year of this reccomendation) it was brought up before the election, which created this huge stir.
John

Summertop View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2008 at 3:57pm
Just to sound off, on this topic...

I have been in some really good presidency councils (like this one).  But, I have seen councils where almost half of them basically dropped out.  So...

I support requiring the president (not vice) to have served in the council before running for president.  The Vice president should have been a member for at least a year.  With the exception that Jerry and Crystal be allowed to run next year if they want (as last I heard, they were not in the council).

As for voting:  Must have been a member for 4 months AND must renew their membership for the year.  Those that want to vote, should commit to being in the club.  I feel for those that can't afford to pay the dues.  I doubt that if money is THAT tight, they are as concerned about voting as paying some of their mandatory bills.

As for absentee ballots...I think we SHOULD accept them, however, they must download and fill out the "official" ballot...then MAIL it in...no email voting.  These ballots will be opened in the presence of the committee.
===========

Shawn Winterbottom
cl2ysta1 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2008 at 8:05am
great suggestions. I'm glad everyone is being civil and talking this out like adults I appreciate it. I was honestly scared to post to ask the current presidency to please talk about revising elections processes.

Thanks again
I <3 Boxers
Achilles tang lover
Dion Richins View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2008 at 9:37am
Don't be scared. Discussion that comes on a level playing ground with real intent shouldn't be meet with fear. I know that all of the suggestions that were presented before and after the election will be discussed. I believe that under the circumstances, that the past presidency made more than enough effort to please the few that were having heartburn over the whole process.

It is disheartening that some still call it in question even though they were in direct contact with counting, over-site and running of the ballot process. Thankfully it hasn't come on our own board in the furry that it is being discussed on others. In the same breath it is very frustrating to see it being discussed on one of the other boards to the point that it has gotten vile. Those that are spreading/discussing these things are also concerning since it is some of those that were involved with the election process here on our own board.

I'm hoping that we can come up with a "new" process that will at least please most everybody. I don't feel that we can make everyone happy but I think we can come pretty close.
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
bannshy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2008 at 10:14am

Please stop assuming it is only a "few" that has these concerns. I will say it again I know for fact a lot of people don't like the current system. By improving the processess and systems of the club we all win.

larhalli View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2008 at 10:53am
Originally posted by Dion Richins Dion Richins wrote:

I believe that under the circumstances, that the past presidency made more than enough effort to please the few that were having heartburn over the whole process.

It is disheartening that some still call it in question even though they were in direct contact with counting, over-site and running of the ballot process. Thankfully it hasn't come on our own board in the furry that it is being discussed on others. In the same breath it is very frustrating to see it being discussed on one of the other boards to the point that it has gotten vile. Those that are spreading/discussing these things are also concerning since it is some of those that were involved with the election process here on our own board.

I'm hoping that we can come up with a "new" process that will at least please most everybody. I don't feel that we can make everyone happy but I think we can come pretty close.

Dion-  Are you talking or speaking about me?  Would you please explain what you mean?  What other boards are you referring about, to where this is being discussed?
Larry Halliday

West Jordan
Shane H View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2008 at 11:06am
Looks like this thread is starting to go no where.  Please keep it civil and worth reading.

Another thought about how to handle elections comes to mind. Have you ever seen the Costner movie titled 'The Postman' ? Maybe we should adopt the clan laws:

Law one. You will obey orders without question.
Law two: Punishment shall be swift.
Law three: Mercy is for the weak.
Four: Terror will defeat reason.
Five: Your allegiance is to the clan.
Six: Justice can be dictated.
Seven: Any clansman may challenge for leadership of the clan.
Law eight: There is only one penalty. Death.

Then - if you want to be president, you enact law # 7. No voting, no fuss.  Candidates cage fight in front of all members - winner take all.  Wink
EagleEyez5 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2008 at 11:41am
Shane, I like number seven:

Lets do this!!! I will arrange the cage!!!

Name a time and place. How about the E Center, through the Ultimate Combat Experience, then we can watch it again and again at 3:00am on some low budget television station.

Originally posted by Dion Richins Dion Richins wrote:

Those that are spreading/discussing these things are also concerning since it is some of those that were involved with the election process here on our own board.

I don't understand what 'things' you are referring to, or why you would be 'concerned'{I guess being the board bully makes it your business}, but does this mean my username will disappear if I even mention this board anywhere else other than here?

I guess I didn't realize that the First Rule of WMAS is Don't talk about WMAS.{another great movie}

SIG LINE.

WMAS PAID SPONSOR
Shane H View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2008 at 11:46am
Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good Thursday.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic