Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Fish! Bluespot Jawfish

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
tileman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tileman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2008 at 10:59pm
Lowes or Home Depot, in the garden section.
335G Reef
TOTM.
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2015/2/aquarium
ReefKeepers TOTM Feb. 2012
http://reefkeeping.com/joomla/index....k-of-the-month

&
Bluespotjawfish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluespotjawfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2008 at 11:02pm
Yip, this is what it is but I think I only paid like $10 for mine.  Make sure it says it is 3/8" or less.  I have some if you want to come get it.  I'm available until about noon tomorrow.  I'm in WVC. 

Lorraine 556-4286 or 964-2474.

Home of the baby Picasso!
Gordon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gordon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2008 at 11:26pm
thanks for the offer but I'm working the vampire shift and live in Mt. Pleasant I'll have to stop by Home Depot in Provo tomorrow and see if they have any
jonafriendj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonafriendj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2008 at 12:27am
Wahoo, I get to join the bluespot club (again) too!  Hopefully this one will last much much longer than the last one!
Pleasant Grove
Acrid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Acrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2008 at 12:53am
Jon, did you get yours from the Aquarium too? I think I jinxed myself. This morning the jawfish was hiding behind the rocks lining the back wall of the tank. Not sitting in a burrow or working on building one. I turned the lights off early and now he is wandering around the tank and looking stressed out.

Breaks my heart.
90g Reef
Acrid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Acrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2008 at 1:08am
Pretty sure he's dead now. Broken Heart
90g Reef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonafriendj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2008 at 1:10am
Oh no!!! That is so sad Cry  I did get it from the Aquarium, sorry to hear about yours.  Hopefully he is just hibernating!
Pleasant Grove
Acrid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Acrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2008 at 1:15am
I'm pretty sure the onslaught of nassarius means otherwise. Cry

What day did you get yours? How is it doing so far?
90g Reef
TriggerHappy View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TriggerHappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2008 at 1:15am
Originally posted by Acrid Acrid wrote:

Pretty sure he's dead now. Broken Heart

Man, Dana I was hoping he was going to pull through...sorry to hear that. Unhappy
210 gallon Mixed Reef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonafriendj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2008 at 1:30am

I just got mine tonight.  He has already made a big burrow, we'll see if he moves during the night.  He doesn't seem too jumpy.  It's too bad these guys are so dang fragile. 

Pleasant Grove

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluespotjawfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2008 at 7:25am
Acrid - I'm sorry for your loss!

Anyone else who has one, here are some tips:

Keep your temp low (78 or lower but stable)
Lower your salinity (1.021 or less if you can) 
Add vitamins (selcon, vitachem, and/or zoe) to all food (fresh garlic is good too) 
Provide rubble and shells for building
Don't fuss over them

Doing this will help them acclimate easier and if they have to fight off a disease they are more likely to be able to do it.   The first 4-6 weeks are the toughest to get through.  

Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2008 at 9:00am
I'm sorry to hear that Dana. That really sucks.

Mike

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonafriendj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2008 at 11:56am
Thanks for the tips Lorraine!  Mine is looking good today, he doesn't seem too skiddish and was excited to eat!  4-6 weeks to go!
Pleasant Grove

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluespotjawfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2008 at 12:13pm
Good luck.

Here is the Bluespot Club Thread if you are interested, you only have 271 pages to read about Bluespots:

This thread is the must read before you buy thread:

One of my Bluespots has moved to where I can't see her any more Cry

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonafriendj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2008 at 12:18pm

Awesome, thanks!

Pleasant Grove
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic