Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

question about clowns.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
wellen424 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wellen424 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: question about clowns.
    Posted: December 23 2008 at 2:01pm
I bought 2 clowns for my kids 14gal nano 1 died and the other does not look well. I was wondering if it would work putting him in my 55 gal tank? I have 2 clowns,yellow tang,sailfin and 3 damsels in it allready.anyone with a opinion please let me know.
hooked on reef
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2008 at 2:14pm
it may help, but it could also hinder the other tank, i would put it in is own tank, test the water in the nano, something must be off
CrimsRayne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrimsRayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2008 at 2:35pm
I wouldn't put it in the 55.  If it is sick it could make the others sick too. 

Test the water in the 14g.  If there is something off that is a "simple" fix (salinity, temp, nitrates, nitrites, Etc)  it should be easy to correct it. 
If everything tests normal and you want to move him.
I'd get another tank (a simple 10g or even a 5g bucket would work) fill the tank/bucket with water from the 55.  Acclimate the guy to that water, let him hang out there and see if he does better.
"What we know from this hobby is too hard to share with the people who just want to look and not get wet." -Rioreefer

"The Puffer Girl"

Zoo freak :)

West Jordan
Cameron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cameron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2008 at 5:04pm
Can you tell us more about your setup on the 14g
[COLOR="Red"](801)664-4240

Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2008 at 11:17am
No, definitely do not move it to the other tank, unless it recovers.

Yes, do tell us about the 14 gal. so we can help ensure the conditions are good.

Also are you familiar with the feeding of 1-2 drops of Garlic Oil per each cube of frozen food allowed to thaw and marinate without water for 10 minutes before feeding slowly? Done once/day for the first 5 days, this is the very best way we know of to keep new fish from getting sick and when fed again once every 2-4 weeks is the best way to keep them well.
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
jacobse1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacobse1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2008 at 1:43pm
Ditto Mark. I wouldn't move it to the other tank. It's likely to be harassed by the established clowns and also has the risk of spreading disease to your other tank.
125 g reef
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic