Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

BSD Garlic flake

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Skyetone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyetone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BSD Garlic flake
    Posted: July 24 2004 at 8:44am
I need to get some golden pearls from BSD and was looking on there sight and saw they had garlic flake food. Who has used this and how well does it work? Do the fish like it?
I will just give my warning that your system will flood, bulbs will burn out, and things will take continuous maintenance... get over it.

Magna
peregrinus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peregrinus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2004 at 9:21am
fish love em but they are thick and hard i soak them for 5 to 10 mins before feeding.. great stuff.

Edited by peregrinus
In Clearfield

Quantum mechanics the dreams stuff is made of.
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2004 at 9:24am

First off, I love Brine Shrimp Direct, and I do use their products....

I wouldn't use this flake food.  I really like the "Adam Gumbo" or most of the frozen foods in stores.  It is easy to add garlic to, and I'm not a fan of flake food. 

However, Jake likes flake food, and I do add it to my gumbo.

Adam

Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
Weimers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weimers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2004 at 9:42am
My fish love 'em.  I have my own gumbo mix with garlic, but I give them flakes instead of the gumbo every second or third day.  Sometimes gumbo and flakes.  Depends on how things look.  I would recommend the flakes.
Renee and Damon Weimer
Tankless in Hawaii
Skyetone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyetone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2004 at 9:42am
I tried adam gumbo in gelitan and it turned out WAY to thick. the fish didn't want it...
I will just give my warning that your system will flood, bulbs will burn out, and things will take continuous maintenance... get over it.

Magna
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic