Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRecommendations Forum

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Poll Question: Should we allow people to post replies in the recommendations forum?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
23 [82.14%]
5 [17.86%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Cameron View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2009 at 5:46pm
LOL
[COLOR="Red"](801)664-4240

jpiotrowski View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2009 at 8:59pm
Obviously, if you keep it like it is you will need to moderate.  As with other reccomedation posts the latest one 'turned down a sad road' due to peoples ignorances.  Why have a reccomendation tab if people are attacked for their ideas?  To a point I really don't care what people say about me but I am not going to jump down people's throats.  There were some valid points made, research, but unfortunately there were a lot of the same old people making the same old attacks and not many of them came from the Fab 6 ( I joined the Rebel forces).
Turbostud653 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2009 at 6:54pm
My option is this:

I like having replies so that one person can state there views and have others input.  If it starts to get bad or out of hand, then you could lock the thread.
Here is what a customer said while on hold Oh my gosh! Did you open the door? I told you not to open the door. Dre is in here completely naked and he's got freak'n Macaroni and Cheese in his hands.
Shane H View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2009 at 8:11pm

( I joined the Rebel forces).

John - please expound. Is your intent to help the club, help fellow hobbyists, or just to nit pick the decisions of the presidency.  If it is the latter, please explain your motivations. What do you hope to gain? 

I really like the recommendations forum, but anymore  it seems a place where unpaid members can take shots at the presidency (present or past).  The "rebel forces" seem to believe there is some conspiracy behind the choices the presidency making. Its tiring having to defend these decisions at every turn. If the WMAS and utahreefs.com is so evil, why do you come here?  We can take this up via PM is you prefer, but I am interested in your motivations.
bannshy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2009 at 8:22am
Originally posted by Shane H Shane H wrote:

unpaid members

Unpaid members is really not accurate.

This is a group of Paid Members from the past, maybe the term should be "Fab X"
Dion Richins View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2009 at 8:48am

Hey Bannshy, I would say its accurate.

Non paid would make someone a guest, not a member. Black/white?   Membership/volunteerism is going up. Therefore things must be moving in the right direction due to people being happy. Why then must we be constantly defending our decisions to the same "few"

Lately a "few" guests are unhappy with the way the banquet was set up, or where the meeting place is or..... the list goes on. These "few" are in the minority but yet they want the club to bend/change to be what they envision rather than what the majority wants. These "few" chose to neither support the club (being a member) nor support the way the presidency handles the club business.

The election had a clear difference in the way the two candidates wanted the direction of the club to go. That is over and it was handled the way the "few" wanted. Meaning changing procedure at the last minute to make them happy and end any question of voter fraud. The votes were tallied and the  overwhelming majority voted for the path we are on.

I'm sorry their agenda was voted down. That they feel sort changed in some way. However I do take a different attitude with posts from supporters of the club that I can count on and believe will do all they can do to help. And guests that do nothing but question everything in an attempt to cause problems.
If the election had been even kinda close then I would need to definitely rethink the direction of our progress.

That being said, Please use the recommendation forum for what it is for. Recommendations of what you think could be improved, Things you would like to see done, Speaker choices, etc. They are all discussed by the presidency.

Please understand that if your recommendation is not enacted it is not because its a bad recommendation. Or someone doesn't like you. There can be many reasons one is not enacted. Already tried and failed, cost, impractical, logistics etc.

Edited by Dion Richins - January 19 2009 at 8:49am
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2009 at 10:08am
Please understand that if your recommendation is not enacted it is not because its a bad recommendation. Or someone doesn't like you. There can be many reasons one is not enacted. Already tried and failed, cost, impractical, logistics etc.
That is very well said.
I agree with Heil.  If someone has an issue with the club or presidency they should let me know.  So far, I'm not hearing anything.  So feel free to pm me anytime or email at [email protected]

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic