Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

40 Tons?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ed Taylor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Taylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 40 Tons?
    Posted: February 19 2009 at 10:45am
155 Bowfront
90 tall, tangs, softies
70 tall, fresh
72 bowfront FO (sons tank)
55 fresh (sons)
30 hex fresh (daughter's)
Dion Richins View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2009 at 1:43pm
Holy Cow!!!!

My question is...was it dry? Talk about taking the value out of it! Hope they throw away the key!

"Officials first began looking into Wenzek earlier in 2007 when a federal customs agent in Portland came across a shipment whose manifest stated it was rock, broken gravel and coral sand.

The agent felt it looked more like chunks of coral and sent it back to the Philippines but kept some for analysis — which later turned up an endangered species of coral."

Edited by Dion Richins - February 19 2009 at 1:44pm
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
Sculpin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sculpin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2009 at 1:52pm
Makes me wonder whats going to happen to all the coral Dead .

jfinch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2009 at 3:57pm
Anyone know what ever happened with the Caribsea "issues" with Haitian rock/coral that surfaced a few years back?
dduts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dduts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2009 at 4:56pm
Oh, that's sad. This is the dirty side of the hobby that makes me feel all icky inside Smile
I agree with the throwing away the key comment.
90g mixed reef

GOT CRABS?

Sometimes I wonder "why is that frisbee getting bigger?"....and then it hits me
kgross View Drop Down
IMAS Friend
IMAS Friend

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kgross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2009 at 6:38pm
From what I understand on this issue, is it was all sand.  There were no live corals.  It was reactor media.  But exporting/importing is still controlled  because it is old coral skeletons. 

Kim

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic