Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Summertop View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Summertop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Avatar sizes
    Posted: August 05 2004 at 8:42am

There are some cool avatars available on the web.  Most of them are about 70K.  Currently you can only upload ones that are less than 20K.  Can this limit be raised?

Here are two sites:

http://www.hotavatars.com/

http://www.elefuns.com/index.php?id=4&idd=1

Here is a sample of an animated avatar that is about 70K:

===========

Shawn Winterbottom
jfinch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2004 at 9:07am

Shawn, in the settings section just link to the avatar rather then upload.  You can have any size avatar you want.

jfinch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2004 at 9:10am
See... I just linked to your uploaded file (you can use it, I'll change mine back shortly).
Summertop View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Summertop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2004 at 9:16am

Doh!

Of course, if the website changes, your link no longer works.

Hmmm. maybe I will start a topic that people can upload their favorite avatars to.  Then they (and others) can just link to them.  That way, we wouldn't have to worry about the original site changing on us.

===========

Shawn Winterbottom
jfinch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2004 at 9:21am
Well if you want to be tricky you can just upload it to this site (as you just did with the seahorse) and then link to that picture in the avatar settings (which is what I did).  Or upload the picture to someplace you have control over.  I'm with xmission and they allow 50 megs of webspace... that's a lot of 100k avatars .  Anyway, I've got to get back to my hammers .
Summertop View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Summertop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2004 at 9:34am
Yeah, that's what I meant when I said maybe I would create a topic so people can upload their avatars.
===========

Shawn Winterbottom
Summertop View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Summertop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2004 at 9:42am
Hmmm.  How would people know the URL for someone else's uploaded file?  I use this same forum on my web site, so I can figure it out.  But, other users could have a hard time.
===========

Shawn Winterbottom
jfinch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2004 at 9:51am
Right mouse click on the picture and select properties.  You'll see the url for the picture at the bottom.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic