Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FISH TRAP

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yindar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yindar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FISH TRAP
    Posted: April 12 2009 at 7:58pm
I believe I read somewhere that someone has a fish trap they loan out?  I'm in need of one if anyone wouldn't mind loaning it out.  The fish I'm trying to catch is only 3 to 3 1/2 inches in length.  He's beating up a new fish I have had for a couple of weeks now.  More like running him down, just keeps chasing him around and around and around the tank.  Never letting him rest.  Now the ick is taking hold and it's just a matter of time before it does him in. 

I'm willing to buy one even if anyone knows where I can find a good one in town?  Salt Lake or general area.  In the mean time I'm goind to try the mirror trick and see if it will at least slow him down. 

Neil
DanhNgo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanhNgo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2009 at 8:20pm
Hi Neil. I have the club fish trap. Please PM or call me and I will give you my address. I'm in West Valley City.

Thanks,
Danh
801-230-3884
200 Gal Reef

25 Gal Nano Reef
Yindar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yindar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2009 at 8:39pm
Thanx Dan   OMW! 
Dion Richins View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2009 at 1:08am
Ive got one you can borrow as well (in the north end. Farmington)
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
mr_tongate View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mr_tongate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2009 at 11:30pm
22 minute response time.... thats awesome!
220 reef
cell# 760.684.6122
POSTING PIC'S
http://zip-zero.com/wmas/imageUpload.php
Yindar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yindar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2009 at 4:51pm
Having a hard time catching this lil bugger.  I'm ready to resort to spear fishing.  I've had it with this powder brown.  Can't get the fish to eat from the trap - or any of them for that matter.  I've had it in the tank for 7 days now.  Any way to snare this lil pooper?
Eve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2009 at 5:18pm
Have you tried the 'sudden light' trick? After the lights go out wait an hour. Then turn the light on. You should have a few seconds while the fish orients itself to the sudden brightness. Oh, make sure the lights have been out in the room itself as well as the tank lights. It works better that way. 
Yindar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yindar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2009 at 5:40pm
That's a great idea Eve.  Not sure this will work for me though.  My MH's don't "instantly" come on.  The balasts do a slow start-up type thing.  In other words they come on slowly from dim to bright.  However, do you think a flashlight would work? 
Eve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2009 at 6:03pm
The problem with a flashlight is that the beam is really narrow. I think it'd be hard to keep the fish in the beam. How long is your tank?
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2009 at 8:19pm
I've had great luck doing this with a flashlight. It probably won't work with fish that hide in the rocks though.

Mike

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic