Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Foxface Question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kynneke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kynneke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Foxface Question
    Posted: May 25 2009 at 6:53pm
I sold my foxface this morning and just got a call from the new owner that she swam around fine for a few hours but now she's completely black, tail down and nose straight up between 2 rocks.  I've seen her mottled when scared, that giraffe coloring but never pitch black.  She's in the tank with other tankmates from my tank and 3 baby damsels.

He said he doesn't think she's breathing but I told him if she was dead she wouldn't be perfectly still, she'd be flowing with the current.

Anyway, has anyone seen a foxface pitch black and in that position?
GentlemanBean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GentlemanBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2009 at 10:24pm
I haven't seen them vertical like that but I had a scribbled rabbit that would go black when he was stressed.
Kynneke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kynneke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2009 at 7:01am
I've seen her vertical before but not black.  I told them to dim the lights and stay away from the tank and let her calm down, we'll see how she does.
chk4tix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chk4tix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2009 at 7:14am
before I sold my foxface, I temporarily put it in my 12g nano at the time after taking it out of the 120g tank, he turned completely black for at least one day. He was super stressed out
Original Crappy Reef Club Member #2

Dion Richins View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2009 at 8:24am
Ive had them go black as well. Maybe it thinks its an ostrich?
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
chk4tix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chk4tix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2009 at 8:26am
Originally posted by Dion Richins Dion Richins wrote:

Ive had them go black as well. Maybe it thinks its an ostrich?

lol
what?
Original Crappy Reef Club Member #2

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic