FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aquascape

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aquascape
    Posted: August 31 2009 at 9:09pm
Well I just ordered some rock up from Bulk Reef Supply.  I ended up getting the reef saver rock and I can say that its some great rock.  I know I cant go out and get my own rock because I dont live in Utah anymore.  So I had to do what I can.  This is going in my 90gal tank witch is still down there in Utah.  I plan on picking it up in November when I come down there to visit and maybe hit up the meeting that weekend.  But anyways I have a couple of months to play around with a aquascape.  This is my first one that I put together and I really like it.  I know I will need to get some more rock for it but let me know what you think about it.
Front view
Right view
Left view
Top view
As always let me know what you like about it and also what you dont like about it.  Tell me what you would do to make it look better or to get better flow.  I think that I done a good job for getting flow around it but a extra set of eyes is always better.  So give it to me good or bad.
john hill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2009 at 9:55pm
it looks great to me i like the look of it up off the sand as much as i can
out with the large and in with the nano
bfessler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bfessler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2009 at 10:03pm
I have seen that rock on BRS and it looks pretty cool and the structure you built looks great. The BRS video on building structures with it makes it look amazingly simple to create arches and caves. Is the rock as easy to stack as they claim and is the structure stable or will it require cementing? I have used LBTR, Vida Rock and have been thinking of trying some of that product as well. Please keep us informed about how you like the product.

Burt

An equal opportunity reefer,
I support all hobbyists and organizations involved in Marine Aquarium Keeping.
[email protected]
Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2009 at 10:09pm
Looks great! I love the archways! Like Burt said let us know how it goes with this rock! 
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2009 at 10:40pm
Its easy to stack just like they show.  There is so many holes in this rock you can hold it up to the light and see pinholes through it.  So far just from looking at it I really like it.  I can tell that its from a old reef.  There is corals that have grown around shells that are in it.
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2009 at 10:57pm
I think it looks cool!

Mike

zionsreef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zionsreef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2009 at 11:07pm
Please share the "weight" of the rock you have displayed.

Looks great!

MISTAKES:
It Could Be That The Purpose Of Your Life Is
Only To Serve As A Warning To Others!

(despair.com)
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2009 at 2:55pm
Its 80lbs there.  When I get home I will take some close up pictures of the rocks so you can really see it.  And I will use my good camera and not my cell phone like the pictures above.  But I had to jump on the free shipping that they had for the month of August.  So I could order more rock with out having to pay shipping.  But Im thinking that Im going to need another 40lbs or so for my 90gal but who knows.  Im going to wait until I get water in my tank before I order more because it might look just right with the amount that I have in there. 
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2009 at 10:03pm
It makes me giggle to see another hobbyist like me. So excited that he puts rock together on the floor, because he can't wait to get a tank! Wink
I also like the design.
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2009 at 9:01pm
Here are some close up pictures that I said I would.  Sorry they just took me a little longer than I had planned.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic