Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

zoo killer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
chk4tix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chk4tix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: zoo killer
    Posted: September 05 2009 at 10:20pm
I just had to post out of frustration, when I got up for the day I noticed something has decided to destroy my zoos.  up until today, I had 2 decent sized rocks, one with probably 200+ head of sunflower zoo's, and the other had probably 300+ mixture of watermelon, eagle eye, and chocolate mint zoo's.  Now probably 90% of the sunflower and 70% of the others look like they have been chewed on and torn off.  (I did make me some frags so I wont loose all of them) I just dont know which tank member is doing this.
There haven't been any additions to my tank since April or May, other then that I have had most of the fish for years.  Now I need to track down the culprit and find them a new home or make my take 100% sps.
Here is the list of fish I have, does any of them scream out "zoo killer"?

Moorish Idol
Powder Blue Tang
Cobberbannded butterfly
Yellow Tang
Bluehead wrasse
clown wrasse
2 x firefish
2 x yellowtail damsels
2 x chromis
lawnmower blenny
onyx clowns
coral beauty
a few other fish I cant remember

Most-likely I will have to spend my days off sitting in front of the tank to figure out who the problem child is.  It just drives me crazy that I have had the majority of these fish for a very long time and NOW they turn on me. GRRRRR Angry
Original Crappy Reef Club Member #2

Cameron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cameron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2009 at 10:59pm
Butterfly?
[COLOR="Red"](801)664-4240

Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2009 at 11:20am
IM going to go with either butterfly, moorish idol or coral beauty. I have seen all of these eat zoas. 
chk4tix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chk4tix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2009 at 7:29pm
With the limited time I had to watch the tank today, I am leaning towards the Moorish Idol...just havent seen anyone "eat" the zoos yet
Original Crappy Reef Club Member #2

kdinkel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kdinkel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2009 at 12:32pm
I tried to purchase and Idol recently and was told he would eat zoas, polys, lps, etc. 
29 gallon reef

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic