FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

?Refugium?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2004 at 12:27pm
What happens to your main tank when the caulerpa goes sexual and what did you do about it?

I run my fuge with 24hr lighting and I haven't had any problems, but my fuge has only been up since February. I only have C. racemosa (grape) in mine because it smothers out the other algaes that I have put in there.
jfinch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2004 at 1:13pm
In my case the water got cloudy for a day or so followed about a week later by cyano (mainly in low flow areas of sump) followed about a month later by hair algae (in overflows and sump).
jglover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jglover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2004 at 2:18pm
If marine photosyntheisis is the same as above water photo.  The dark reaction to photosynthesis is not a "dark" reaction (meaning is doesn't need to be dark).  it just doesn't need light to work.  They call it dark because the side that requires light is called the light stage.  24/7 Lighting works great on plants does anyone have any evidence of it releasing toxic chemicals?  cpearce keep up the good work.  Experimentation is the key.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2004 at 10:28pm
Jon - Did you lose any corals or fish?
jfinch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2004 at 10:31pm

No, not that I would blame on the algae.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic