Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Instant Ocean

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Turbostud653 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turbostud653 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2010 at 3:28pm

On Oceanic, What would you have to dose for to keep your water parameters they way they need to?

Here is what a customer said while on hold Oh my gosh! Did you open the door? I told you not to open the door. Dre is in here completely naked and he's got freak'n Macaroni and Cheese in his hands.
CapnMorgan View Drop Down
The Capn'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapnMorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2010 at 3:33pm
It depends on your bio-load, and how often you do water changes. What sorts of corals are you keeping? How often do you do water changes? Really how often you supplement things like magnesium, calcium, strontium, etc depends on the demand placed on them by your tank. The only way to really know what your demand is, is to test your water and look for the trends in the numbers.
Steve
My Old 180G Mixed Reef
Currently:
120G Wavefront Mixed
29G Seahorse & Softies
Running ReefAngel Plus x2
435-8
dustponds10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dustponds10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2010 at 1:48am
I read throught he post and didnt see Coralife salt on there.  It is what I use and I have been very happy with it.  I have tried Oceanic and IO and I was having to dose like crazy.  So I went on line and looked and the salts properties and found the the mag and calcium of Coralife is higher then most and so I switched.  I cut the dosing and my corals grow at aroudn teh same rate that they were growing before.  I like it for that reason...
ASM G-3
T-5 lighting
130 frag system
T-5 lighting
asm G-1x
Roy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2010 at 3:10pm
My Oceanic saltss Calcium is 400-500 My calcium levels are always higher since using Oceanic
sterling18 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sterling18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2010 at 10:28pm
I use Oceanic and I use Instant Ocean.  I love them both.  I mix both.  They balance each other out in my book.  Oceanic is high in Ca while Instant Ocean is high in Alk.  Best of both worlds without dosing.
Nick801 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick801 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2010 at 10:40pm
+1 Oceanic =)
fishoutawater View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishoutawater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2010 at 11:51pm
I have used corallife salt for a couple of years and I think I will be switching to Oceanic when I run out. Doing 20% water changes every month and I have to dose calcium and alk regularly on a tank with a light coral load. I never worried about trace minerals with the amount of water I was changing but after watching my corals not grow for a while I tested for Iodine/Iodide/Iodate and it was so low I couldn't measure it. I started dosing with the aquavitro vibrance and noticed a difference overnight. After two weeks of dosing my bta's even started bubbling again. Working at The Aquarium now, and they use oceanic for everything in the store. I have noticed it is definitely higher in calcium.
Some day, when I grow up,...

RJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2010 at 1:30pm
Thanks everyone,
 I decided to go with Oceanic in 120gal. My old 75gal was Instant Ocean. Last week did a water change, yesterday alk. 8.2,  calcium 360 (low), mag 1140, nitrate 0, ammonia 0, PH 8., nitrite 0., phospate 0.  Fish an coral look good so far. 
providence View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote providence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2010 at 5:03am
I have always done oceanic but I payed more than double the price to tye the new brightwell aquatics I have been happy with my past ersults and its not a wallet killer if you on a tight budget like me
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic