Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Photography section?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Aquaristnewbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquaristnewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Photography section?
    Posted: March 01 2010 at 8:51pm
A section on how to take good pictures would be a cool thing to have.  We could even sticky a link in there for the people wanting to know how to post pictures on the website.  Seems like a worthwhile section we could all use. 
150 gallon Reef
Millcreek Utah

Scott Walsh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Walsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2010 at 12:55pm
Hmm...a section for discussion of more technical stuff, you mean?  Lenses, exposure, white balance, and the like?  I think it's a good idea.  The only hesitation I would have (and I'm not even sure it's a bad thing) is that the threads would end up devolving into straight up "show-off" picture threads, rather than being instructive.
For what it's worth, I would definitely read and post in such a section.
(801) 403-4006.
Aquaristnewbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquaristnewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2010 at 1:07pm
Yeah that is exactly what I mean.  Not so much for posting pics but learning about how to take pictures and stuff like that.  I guess it would be cool to also be a place to put pictures as well so they are organised into one area.  Maybe even put the technical specs of the settings you used to take the pictures.
150 gallon Reef
Millcreek Utah

npatching View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote npatching Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2010 at 8:44pm
I like this idea. Show off photos would be fine as long as they explained how the photos were taken.

Edited by npatching - March 02 2010 at 8:48pm
kellerexpress View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellerexpress Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2010 at 1:00am
Originally posted by npatching npatching wrote:

I like this idea. Show off photos would be fine as long as they explained how the photos were taken.
x2
IM 30L
Kessil A160we x2
PhotoGlen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhotoGlen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2010 at 6:04am
Underwater/Tank photography is it's own art.  It's more about trying different things and seeing what works.  I have only been into aquariums for a short while but I am having fun trying to capture it's beauty.  I would like to hear others ideas and techniques on tank Photography.  If I can help in any way please let me know.  Glen.
I honestly think it is better to be a failure at something you love than to be a success at something you hate.
George Burns

Now two 29 gal. Biocubes
90 gal. with a 40 gal. sump
boysty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boysty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2010 at 3:34pm
I have tried underwater photography and it is something you have to play with for awhile to get a good picture. but i think i would be a good thread to have. 
Time waits on no one
tycallsky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tycallsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2010 at 8:59pm
I agree. I would post in that section and read a lot of posts.
-Tyler C.
[email protected]
undersea-lab.blogspot.com
tycallsky.deviantart.com
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2010 at 8:39pm
Definately a photography section even just to post pics would be great. I love looking at pictures and they seem to be scattered all of the place here which makes it difficult to just look for pics if that's what you want to see.
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic