Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Trading & Free forums

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bugzme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugzme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trading & Free forums
    Posted: April 14 2010 at 5:14pm
I think we need a forum that people can trade higher end frags.  Also a place for people to post free frags and equipment for the people that don't want to pay.
Jeff
125 tank
50 gallon sump
T-5 lighting
Rum drinker, Carbon User
I KNOW ROCKS THAT ARE YOUNGER THEN ME!! I AM A Realist! I write what I think!!
Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2010 at 5:20pm
I agree!
jwoo View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2010 at 5:33pm
I disagree. I think the normal buy sale trade works fine for this function. I think that if you split it into two selling forums that sales on both would suffer.
None at the moment
Soon: 72 Gallon Bowfront
bugzme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugzme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2010 at 5:53pm
Not that anyone would really suffer! FREE Is FREE
Jeff
125 tank
50 gallon sump
T-5 lighting
Rum drinker, Carbon User
jwoo View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2010 at 5:54pm
I was mainly referring to the high end pieces. Free stuff has never had a problem in the buy sale trade forum. It's usually gone in the first 15 min!
None at the moment
Soon: 72 Gallon Bowfront
bugzme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugzme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2010 at 6:00pm
Not many people in the club are interested in the high end stuff. ( $75- $100) FRAGS!  I fiqure if I'm going to feed it it might as well be a keeper

Edited by bugzme - April 14 2010 at 6:15pm
Jeff
125 tank
50 gallon sump
T-5 lighting
Rum drinker, Carbon User
EagleEyez5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EagleEyez5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2010 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by bugzme bugzme wrote:

Not many people in the club are interested in the high end stuff. ( $75- $100) FRAGS!  I fiqure if I'm going to feed it it might as well be a keeper

I am....
bugzme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugzme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2010 at 8:50pm
Lol I know you are!Clap
Jeff
125 tank
50 gallon sump
T-5 lighting
Rum drinker, Carbon User
downhill_biker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote downhill_biker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2010 at 10:34pm
I think I am on the list of those too. There are several of us that are into high end corals, and most of us know who each other are. If you are interested in trading you can usually contact the individual and arrange it. I know I am up to trade any day of the week.

PS: Jerry I still have your serial cable...I will hit you up soon.
Make sure you post your best pictures every month in our POTM forum.
CapnMorgan View Drop Down
The Capn'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapnMorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2010 at 10:47pm
I agree with Curtis. I love high end corals, and know who else does as well, so it's pretty easy to notify people I know like the high end stuff. You are correct though in that it is sometimes hard to find a buyer for a high end coral or fish.
Steve
My Old 180G Mixed Reef
Currently:
120G Wavefront Mixed
29G Seahorse & Softies
Running ReefAngel Plus x2
435-8
Corey Price View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corey Price Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2010 at 11:36pm
Originally posted by CapnMorgan CapnMorgan wrote:

I agree with Curtis. I love high end corals, and know who else does as well, so it's pretty easy to notify people I know like the high end stuff. You are correct though in that it is sometimes hard to find a buyer for a high end coral or fish.

...or high-end tank, for that matter. I think the buy-sell-trade section does fine, and I know who has the good coral if I want it (and can afford it).
Pete Moss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete Moss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2010 at 8:50am
Great idea Jeff! I really liked it, unfortunately there is a problem or two that comes up based on the honesty of the public. The only problem I see is that if we set up a forum with free things, you can bet your top dollar people will start going around just collecting free things and selling them back to ksl. One person will "hog" all the donation items, and sell them back to the public. When people ( like my friend Corissa ) need some help out with a few free things, they'll usually let everyone else know ( or make their friend let everyone else know ). 

And just like with the high end frags, most people will realize who the willing and friendly members are. When they need help getting a few free frags or pieces of equipment, they know who to contact and go to. Thats what reef friends are for. As cheesy as it sounds its true.

I do however think a "trade only" forum would be a good idea. Where you can put up items that you aren't interested in money for, just interested in trading.

Edited by Pete Moss - April 20 2010 at 8:53am
125g 90g 2x33g 34g
What stores do I recommend?
Up North: Bill ( Saltwater Paradise 801-317-8115 )
Down South: Jerry ( Reef On 801-563-0600 )

Member of GCFB
superman1981 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superman1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2010 at 10:38am
Maybe you should just set up your own website for selling high-end corals... You could get a lot of exposure that way not just to the club, but to anyone out there who's looking for high-end corals.

Just my 2 cents
Sure you are, you are Crappy Reef Club Member #1 -Chk4tix

6 gal nanocube
65 gal build thread
bugzme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugzme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2010 at 2:35pm
I already do that on several sites!! Just thought there might be some people that would like some of my corals that frequent this site! apparently not you superman!!
apparently there are several people in the club that want to buy from me! Have 5 different pm's already! btw I don't do this for money

Edited by bugzme - April 20 2010 at 6:24pm
Jeff
125 tank
50 gallon sump
T-5 lighting
Rum drinker, Carbon User
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic