Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What to treat with?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What to treat with?
    Posted: August 11 2010 at 6:01pm
So when I got my lights the other day I had to buy all his livestock as well. So I ended up with another pair of clowns, these are true percs and my other orange one is a false and the other a black and white. Anyway the male(smaller of the two) true percs that I just got must be getting picked on as it is now missing one of its bottom fins and looks like it has a hole or something eating away right above where the fin was.
I plan to catch it and put it in a bucket to treat but what do I need to treat with? I have some pics I will try to get on here soon.
Anyway I may have a pair of true percs for sale here soonConfused
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
bugzme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugzme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2010 at 6:05pm
If you can catch my tomatoe clown I would for sure take that pair. Just guessing but antibiotics?
Jeff
125 tank
50 gallon sump
T-5 lighting
Rum drinker, Carbon User
I KNOW ROCKS THAT ARE YOUNGER THEN ME!! I AM A Realist! I write what I think!!
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2010 at 6:08pm
The male that has the injury is a misbar?? It has a really cool looking bar and I love it but I don't know if they will get along any better in a bigger tank so I may have to get rid of them:(
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2010 at 6:23pm

Jackie Stuver

P.Kapp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P.Kapp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2010 at 6:34pm
definately separate them. my pair tried to kill my perc that i had in the tank before them. had to get rid of him, and kept the pair. ive used melafix and pimafix in the past with pretty good results
Preston Kapp

210 Gal Reef
bugzme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugzme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2010 at 6:57pm
Doesn't the club have a fish trap? I would really be interested in the perc's if my tomatoe clown was gone
Jeff
125 tank
50 gallon sump
T-5 lighting
Rum drinker, Carbon User
I KNOW ROCKS THAT ARE YOUNGER THEN ME!! I AM A Realist! I write what I think!!
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2010 at 7:00pm
I have a large bottle container like thing that is clear that may work as a trap. I am pretty good at catching fish so I would be more than willing to try when I come get those corals. I now have him pulled and in a bucket with an airstone and melafix.
Jackie Stuver

bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2010 at 7:05pm
How long should I leave him in the bucket with the melafix? I don't have a spare tank to put him in but I will put him in a little plastic box thing I have when he goes back in the tank so he can't be picked on.
Jackie Stuver

P.Kapp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P.Kapp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2010 at 7:20pm
When i used it, i would just put it directly into my tank and dose for a week or more. Make sure you arent running carbon with it though
Preston Kapp

210 Gal Reef
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2010 at 7:26pm
I would rather not dose the whole tankConfused I will keep him in there for an hour or so and then put him in the plastic container when he goes back in the tank.
Jackie Stuver

Luckedout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luckedout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2010 at 10:11pm
That's a pretty bad wound. Hope he makes it.
-Ben

90g Mixed reef

www.body-balancechiropractic.com

sanddune600 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sanddune600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2010 at 11:53pm
turn out the lights and shine a light in the tank clown can often time be drawn into the light have a net ready
Andy Jorgensen
My number is four three 5 7 six four 8 0 three four
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2010 at 12:18am
Originally posted by Luckedout Luckedout wrote:

That's a pretty bad wound. Hope he makes it.

It actually looks a lot better tonight after just one treatment of melafix and being put in the box thing in the tank so no one can attack him.
Jackie Stuver

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic