Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RBTA moving

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Luckedout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luckedout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RBTA moving
    Posted: August 15 2010 at 7:52pm
I have a small RBTA that decided to move and put itself right in the middle of some of my better SPS. He's extremely close to my ORA spongeode, is he going to kill it? How do I move the guy?
-Ben

90g Mixed reef

www.body-balancechiropractic.com

CapnMorgan View Drop Down
The Capn'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapnMorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2010 at 8:06pm
Yes he will kill it if he stays there. If you can just peel him off the rock, go slowly and you shouldn't hurt it, I've done it a bunch of times. You can also point a powerhead at it which and it will move away from the flow.
Steve
My Old 180G Mixed Reef
Currently:
120G Wavefront Mixed
29G Seahorse & Softies
Running ReefAngel Plus x2
435-8
sanddune600 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sanddune600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2010 at 8:11pm
every one that I have pulled has died inless I can take the rock off then you can shake it off because he wont like being out of water and decide being atached is not worth it
Andy Jorgensen
My number is four three 5 7 six four 8 0 three four
CapnMorgan View Drop Down
The Capn'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapnMorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2010 at 2:42am
The trick is to free up one edge of the anemone and then gently peel it off like a sticker
Steve
My Old 180G Mixed Reef
Currently:
120G Wavefront Mixed
29G Seahorse & Softies
Running ReefAngel Plus x2
435-8
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2010 at 3:37am
I was told to use ice on the foot to get them to release and this has worked well for me when I was trying to get some off the rocks that had a bunch of tulip anemones.
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
Luckedout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luckedout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2010 at 4:31pm
Ok, so I went to move the rock and he was actually attached to the other side of the rock, but managed to find a hole and he was trying to push through to the other side where my corals were, so this morning before he started opening up I just put a piece of rubble over the hole. Worked like a charm. No he moved to the glass on the back, so I'm going to put him up for sale. I only need 1 Anemone... 2 is proving to be a pain. 
-Ben

90g Mixed reef

www.body-balancechiropractic.com

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic