Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shocking ..

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rwccomptech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rwccomptech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shocking ..
    Posted: August 24 2010 at 1:40pm
Ok so I have a hob filter that I have been using as a fuge, but it seems to be giving off a current because with it running i seem to ground it out when i bump my lighting, so right now the fuge is off and i can dont get a current at all. So each time I grounded out could any of the attendants of my tank recieve this shock. Also I was wondering if this is normal or if the Hob is bad. I really want a fuge so I can hide the cheato and things but if its gonna be so electric then I will not waist my time.
Ron
20g
60x turnover
30" current pc fixture
SGH360 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SGH360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2010 at 2:05pm
It must be faulty dont plug it again thats a sign of something seriously wrong how big is your HOB? the only thing i seen that scattered current causes HLLE disease

Edited by SGH360 - August 24 2010 at 2:13pm
CapnMorgan View Drop Down
The Capn'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapnMorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2010 at 4:50pm
It will also kill corals, inverts, fish, and other equipment. I had a close call with a heater electrifying the water in my 180 which I found too late. I lost one of my prized clams, an 8" golden teardrop maxima, a few colonies of Acropora, and a few other things. It also killed my pH probe and module on my controller. DON'T plug it in again, you will end up frying something.
Steve
My Old 180G Mixed Reef
Currently:
120G Wavefront Mixed
29G Seahorse & Softies
Running ReefAngel Plus x2
435-8
bugzme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugzme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2010 at 6:01pm
Can you replace the pump? They do go bad sometimes
Jeff
125 tank
50 gallon sump
T-5 lighting
Rum drinker, Carbon User
I KNOW ROCKS THAT ARE YOUNGER THEN ME!! I AM A Realist! I write what I think!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rwccomptech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2010 at 2:39am
You cant cut the pump out, marineland's pumps are built into their filters until their in the mangnum canister stage, but event hen I think their pump is built into the seal.
Ron
20g
60x turnover
30" current pc fixture

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rwccomptech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2010 at 1:03pm
I think everything is dieing except my orange diji, the candy cane has brought it's blade things back in, the leather is ok from what i can see but no polyps, both of my zoa are close. But now I'm having a huge algee surge. 
Ron
20g
60x turnover
30" current pc fixture
CapnMorgan View Drop Down
The Capn'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapnMorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2010 at 6:27pm
The Magnum 350 does have a separate motor that is easily replaceable. The important thing is don't use that filter. You need a new one. You should also test your water to see if a spike in ammonia or nitrite is causing increased levels of nitrates for the algae to consume. Has anything in your tank actually died as of yet?
Steve
My Old 180G Mixed Reef
Currently:
120G Wavefront Mixed
29G Seahorse & Softies
Running ReefAngel Plus x2
435-8
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic