Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reintroduction

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sculpin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sculpin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reintroduction
    Posted: September 09 2010 at 1:47am
So I've been away from the forum for a little over a year now and have been lurking around today and notice a lot of new people and felt it would be a good idea to reintroduce myself. 

My name is Micah and I'm a reefaholic... Na jk, ok maybe not. I would like to explain why I've not been around for so long though in the hopes that someone might learn something. A few years ago I lost my job and decided to try my hand at starting my own business. It was a major struggle to do so during such a week economy and I was asked by my mom if I wanted to maintain there 225 reef tank to help me earn a little extra cash. It began with a healthy obsession, learning all I could and spending my parents money to help turn there tank to a respectable microreef but I found I was spending less time getting work and more time jacking with the tank. I didn't realize it then but I was using this hobby to avoid doing what was most responsible. Long story short, my wife also lost her job, cars got repossessed, and the gas turned off in the middle of the winter for 3 months. Don't get me wrong I'm not blaming this hobby, more like what I did with it.

There was a turning point where I had to let go of all fun stuff and focus on finding any and all work. Since then I've learned how successful a little focus can be and a few months ago I've landed a full time job working for a company that manufactures sniper rifles. I do there painting and computer graphics (two things I absolutely love doing). It's been a strange road but I've learned a lot. 

Now that things are calming down in my life, I've been finding time to refocus on some of the things I love and one of those is this hobby, so expect to see more of me again. I love our little aquarium community that has helped me so much and still is. 

Micah

Edited by Sculpin - September 09 2010 at 2:12am
CapnMorgan View Drop Down
The Capn'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapnMorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2010 at 1:54am
Welcome back Micah! I think I may have run into you a few times! Do you do work for Spec Ops?
Steve
My Old 180G Mixed Reef
Currently:
120G Wavefront Mixed
29G Seahorse & Softies
Running ReefAngel Plus x2
435-8
Sculpin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sculpin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2010 at 2:07am
I did work for them and I wouldn't be surprised if you've run into me a few times. Over the past few years I've been working with them on and off since I was laid off there. Matter of fact I think we are face book friends... hold on let me check... yup! I still play pb regularly, matter of fact there will be a game up at the retribution field this weekend that I think I'll be going to. You should come, and BTW your tank is freakn' amazing (I saw it on facebook the other day and wondered if you were on the WMAS as well).

Anyways thanks for the welcome back.

Micah

Edited by Sculpin - September 09 2010 at 2:08am
CapnMorgan View Drop Down
The Capn'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapnMorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2010 at 2:14am
Small world LOL I think I'll try to make it up there this weekend, at least for a couple hours. If you ever need help with your tanks or anything let me know, I'd be happy to help you out!
Steve
My Old 180G Mixed Reef
Currently:
120G Wavefront Mixed
29G Seahorse & Softies
Running ReefAngel Plus x2
435-8
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic