Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

911 for Hobbyists

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 911 for Hobbyists
    Posted: September 10 2010 at 8:45am
Please feel free to call me anytime for immediate help with a problem. I don't know it all, but have probably dealt with your emergency before so I can at least say what worked and didn't work.

My phone number is below in the signature line. It appears at the bottom of all my posts so it's not hard to find.Big smile

Edited by Mark Peterson - September 11 2010 at 7:23pm
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
sanddune600 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sanddune600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2010 at 10:26am
Feel free to call me if you need help in the logan ut area
Andy Jorgensen
My number is four three 5 7 six four 8 0 three four
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2010 at 9:30pm
Thumbs Up
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2010 at 8:13pm
This thread has been viewed only 41 times.
I wonder if a lot of hobbyists don't take advantage of the offer of help. The need to ask other hobbyists for help was made more poignant for me because of a recent experience.

My wife and I spent several hours at a local hobbyists home, helping them with several aquarium issues. One sad issue was that their favorite piece of LR had some Aiptasia on it. It was made doubly sad because in between the time that they had PM'd me to ask for the visit and the time that we were able to make it over there(less than a week), they had talked to the LFS and followed some bad advice.

When we arrived it was already too late. The LR they had set outside to dry to kill the Aiptasia was already dry and dead. This tank is only ~20 gal and has poor flow. It would have a very difficult time handling the pollution from this large piece of dead LR. Luckily, I am able to place it in a large tank that won't even notice the pollution so the rock will live again in as short a time as possible.

I relate the story not to criticize anyone but only to remind each of us to ask more questions more often of each other. The main purpose of the WMAS is to get hobbyists together to help hobbyists. It's through the free exchange of information and ideas with other knowledgeable hobbyists that we can learn to avoid the problems others have already experienced.

Discussing questions with knowledgeable hobbyists enables us to have a lot more fun with our delicious little part of the sea. Smile

Edited by Mark Peterson - September 11 2010 at 8:20pm
Brandon1985 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brandon1985 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2010 at 9:31pm
Thanks guys!!!!!
24G JBJ Nano with LEDS

sanddune600 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sanddune600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2010 at 9:44pm
nobody looks here inless they are in trouble I never do
Andy Jorgensen
My number is four three 5 7 six four 8 0 three four
SGH360 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SGH360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2010 at 10:16pm
i've called mark few times and have helped me alot. he is knows from experience. whats best there is no Tax or fee to call him
gloriakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gloriakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2010 at 4:27am
please someone tell mi about CPR emergency number..... 
Gloria
CapnMorgan View Drop Down
The Capn'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapnMorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2010 at 4:37am
I'm always available to help out with anyone's tanks in the Tooele area. People can always call me as well.
Steve
My Old 180G Mixed Reef
Currently:
120G Wavefront Mixed
29G Seahorse & Softies
Running ReefAngel Plus x2
435-8
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic