Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPics with nicer camera

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2010 at 8:34am
Looks good to see the coralline growing. Thumbs Up
Were you able to place some LR rubble in those open barrel parts of the Vidarock?
I wonder how many times the jawfish hit the netting before it found the hole?
To be frank, if I were a jawfish living in that tank, I'd jump too. One of the challenges to setting up a good reef aquarium is to provide an environment of comfort and safety. I'd be happy to offer some ideas.
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
Chris Scott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2010 at 4:55pm
Yep, those holes in the vita-rock are all filled with LR rubble.  They're hopefully helping breed lots of bugs!

Yea I wonder that too about the jawfish.  Although he did seem to be a happy camper, I gave him tons of rubble and he made a home in the front right (just below the mushrooms).  I think I'll stay away from buying any new fish for a while.

I believe that cardinal is tank raised.  I bought him from the Aquarium over a year ago.

I'm not sure how my sand bed is clean...the jawfish definitely shook it up a bit while he was rearranging.  I also have a few nessarius (sp) snails also that stir it a little bit.  Other than that I leave it alone!

Thanks.
55g Bowfront Corner Reef
jmtreml View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmtreml Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2010 at 9:38pm

Your tank looks really nice.  I really love that pic of the foxface.  I bought one and it died... but I really want one.  I think my sailfin was picking on it 2 much... Definatly keep up updated with more pic's.. I hope my tank looks as good as yours soon.

34 Gallon Red Sea Max

29 gallon Bio cube
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic