Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

50 Gallon Artisan C.A.D Lighting Build

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Snowsrfr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snowsrfr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2010 at 10:16pm
I do love my skimmer! With only 2 fish I'm still getting good skimmate during the break in process. I am having an issue with it not wanting to start back up if I turn it off. I have to lift it completely out of the water turn it on its side to drain the water and it fires up. SWC is aware that I'm having an issue. Just have to email that I'm still having a problem and see what they think.
"A fish tank is not a pet. It's a TV that you gotta feed." - John Caparulo
Snowsrfr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snowsrfr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2010 at 2:54pm
Last of my goodies for the tank arrived today.

Got a second MP10, this one being the ES model. I put both MP10's on the back wall, one on either side of the overflow. One is about 4" below the water level on reefcrest mode producing a nice 1/2"-3/4" wave throughout the tank. The second is about midway down the back wall currently on nutrient export mode. Not sure how I want that one set right now, so that's where it's at for the time being.

Also, got in my Apex controller. This will be a weekend project, so I don't rush mounting it and reading up on how to best program it. If anybody has any advice/secrets to these guys I'd love to hear them. For now it will control lights, heater, pump, skimmer, etc. As soon as I recover from all these purchases I'm going to get tcfab to make me a Ca reactor to be run by the controller too.

Luckedout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luckedout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2010 at 3:10pm
awesome! We need more pics of the tank!
-Ben

90g Mixed reef

www.body-balancechiropractic.com

skimace7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skimace7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2010 at 5:42pm
saw this tank on Monday and it is awesome!! made me want to do a cube... Well done !! Thanks for the favia it looks good!!
120 gallon mix Reef mainly SPS and LPS...
Snowsrfr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snowsrfr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2010 at 6:43pm
Thanks man. Glad to hear the favia is doing good.
Snowsrfr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snowsrfr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2010 at 7:10pm
Here's a few shots of my aquascaping. Going for the minimalist look, I guess you could say. I want each side of the aquarium to offer something different to look at. Corals are sad and pathetic still from being in a temp tank with less than ideal lighting for a longer period of time that I hoped. They are starting to color up though and hopefully they'll be back to themselves soon. (Also need to play with settings on camera to get a better representation of color.)

P.Kapp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P.Kapp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2010 at 7:23pm
I really like the way it looks from the front with those two isolated little islands. Looks Good! Thumbs Up
Preston Kapp

210 Gal Reef
kellerexpress View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellerexpress Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2010 at 5:42am
updates?
IM 30L
Kessil A160we x2
skimace7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skimace7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2010 at 11:42pm
We need updates...
Snowsrfr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snowsrfr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2010 at 10:20am
Let me get some photos when lights come on. It's starting to come along, slowly.
Snowsrfr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snowsrfr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2010 at 12:05am
Took a few pics, so let's see if I can get some updates out there. Please excuse crappy pics. Time for new camera, I think.

First off: Had Tyler (tcfab)cut up an acrylic sump that was given to me along with a tank I bought to make a solid top for my ATO. Cut's down on evaporation and more child resistant.

Biggest project, in my opinion was getting the APEX all set up. The programming is pretty straight forward, but setting up the port forwarding for the Android app, and internet access from outside the house took a lot of trial and error. All in all, I love this thing and as I learn to do more with it, I'm sure it will just get better.

I also had Tyler build me a Ca reactor and he was kind enough to come over this last weekend and help me set it up. Going slow and testing daily til I get it dialed in. So far, so good. As soon as it's all dialed in, my APEX will control the Ca reactor. Getting the skimmer and reactor in there along with all the other extras was like stuffing 20lbs of s#$t in a 10lb bag.

My mom, who runs her own upholstery business in MO, is going to make a CO2 tank "cozy" so it's a little bet less obtrusive sitting outside the tank, the way it does.

The latest full tank shot. Things are starting to grow, but have a long way to go before it starts to fill in and look like a decent reef tank.

Left

Right

Front

skimace7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skimace7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2010 at 10:06am
It looks sweet!!
ksmart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2010 at 10:52am
awesome!!   

Snowsrfr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snowsrfr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2011 at 4:12pm
Just trying a different way of posting photos from my phone, and this was the only pic I have of my tank. Even since this was taken things have changed. Poor quality picture too.

I'll post some updates and better photos when I get back into Utah, from my stint here in Ohio.

Edited by Snowsrfr - May 21 2011 at 4:15pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic