Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cerium Oxide

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P.Kapp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P.Kapp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cerium Oxide
    Posted: September 22 2010 at 8:53pm
I ordered a glass polishing kit from Caswell, and the powder that im supposed to mix into a paste is cerium oxide. it says to avoid breathing the dust, so im not sure how toxic it is, or if it is just the dust that is bad..? will it be ok to use this in my tank, that is dry still? Do I just need to make sure to clean it all up really good; vinegar, bleach, etc?
Preston Kapp

210 Gal Reef
Aquaristnewbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquaristnewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2010 at 10:31pm
I have absolutely NO IDEA but I would think as long as you kept it away from the sealant and cleaned it up really well after than you would be fine.  But I honestly have no idea.  Thant would just make sense to me.  Hopefully someone with more experience will chime in.
150 gallon Reef
Millcreek Utah

P.Kapp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P.Kapp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2010 at 2:16pm
I would think it would be ok, but im not sure either. BUMP, cause im hoping to do this tonight if its ok to use. Anyone else used it?
Preston Kapp

210 Gal Reef
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic