Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aiptasia!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Jake Pehrson View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake Pehrson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2010 at 10:14pm
Berghia will almost always work, as long as they are not being killed by something in the tank.  I always recommend Peppermint shrimp unless you can't use them because of a large predator (unless someone is giving away or selling some Berghia for cheap).  I recommend a lot of them.  For large outbreaks I recommend 1-2 per 5 gallons.  If you talk with a local pet store and let them know you want to buy a large number of Peppermints they can often get them for pretty cheap (~$3-4).  After the out break trap all except a few and give/trade them to other hobbyists.
Jake Pehrson

Murray

coralplanet.com

:)
Bluespotjawfish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluespotjawfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2010 at 9:14am
Fortunately when you live in Texas you can collect peppermint shrimp from the gulf :)

If you have fish that eat them, introduce them at night with the lights out.  They are pretty good at hiding out if you provide a place they can get to and the fish can't.

Home of the baby Picasso!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic