Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

75G upgrade

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SGH360 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SGH360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 75G upgrade
    Posted: October 22 2010 at 12:40am
well today it was the day i upgraded from a 29G to a 75GSmile. it just basically upgrading the tank and lights nothing else, everything was upgrade ready

Here is my 29G tank

here are some photos of my progress I started since 2pm

This the only equipment i needed to do the transfer including the powerheads, syphon tubing and fish net

Here are the lights. They come from JasonSmile

The foxface looked stressed after i started to syphoned the water out he knew something was up

On the Left live rock and on the Right the fishes and corals and shrimp they sure know how to hide

Here is the tank empty took about 90 mins to take all of the stuff out

Here is the tank ready to be filled with water

Decided to add a background and not painted just in case something happened on the front and be swap without a problem

here is the live rock just waiting until the dust settle and begin my rock work

Here is the tank partially set up im acclimating the corals to the light, probably the tank will be full ready by next week, transferring was easy, i had a problem with the foxface it got stuck in the netting worse the face was caught in a hole on the net, i was panicking the fish was moving more into the hole making the situation worse. what I did grab him from behind and pull it out, i got stung by the foxface but manage to get it free. This is the second time but oh well, cool looking fish.

Edited by SGH360 - October 22 2010 at 3:44am
jrjones800 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrjones800 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2010 at 1:23am
looking good cant wait to see it all set up
kellerexpress View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellerexpress Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2010 at 1:45am
Looking good I only have one suggestion, For the back ground I woud paint it solid black. The pattern you have on there now will seem very distracting once the tank is full.
IM 30L
Kessil A160we x2
CapnMorgan View Drop Down
The Capn'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapnMorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2010 at 1:59am
+1 to that solid black looks great. Really brings out the color of everything!
Steve
My Old 180G Mixed Reef
Currently:
120G Wavefront Mixed
29G Seahorse & Softies
Running ReefAngel Plus x2
435-8
Lewy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2010 at 2:42pm
what's on the back of the back ground?  I've seen some that are solid black on the back.
40 gal w/ 20 sump
Jeffs_little_ocean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeffs_little_ocean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2010 at 2:55pm
Im not really a fan of painting the glass. You can get poster board in black (or pretty much any other color ) and just tape it to the outside back of the tank. It gives you the same effect, but then if you decide to change color's, you can.
Life is good....right?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic