Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hello from Idaho

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Idaho-Tank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Idaho-Tank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello from Idaho
    Posted: November 03 2010 at 9:45am
Hello everyone - great site you have here!

I live a couple hours north of Boise and have been keeping salt water tanks off and on for almost 20 years.  I took a few years off recently and am now back into the hobby.  I make it over to Utah several times a year for a couple reasons... one - my other hobby Jeeps Big smile  and for hockey.  I have two boys that play travel hockey.  

I spent the latter part of the summer putting together my 100 gallon tank.  Ive drug this tank around for 15 years.  I built a nice hood and stand for it too.  If interested you can see my build here: http://www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=44441

And here are a few shots of my 100.  I just purchased a 180 as well and will be starting that build soon too.

Edited by Idaho-Tank - November 03 2010 at 11:47am
100 gal reef. 180 gal build starting
bfessler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bfessler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2010 at 10:33am
SweetThumbs Up. Welcome to WMAS
Burt

An equal opportunity reefer,
I support all hobbyists and organizations involved in Marine Aquarium Keeping.
[email protected]

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Idaho-Tank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2010 at 10:43am
^ Thanks for the welcome.  I am hoping to make it to the Reef fest this weekend - will be in Park City for the weekend (another hockey tourney)... I have never been to an event like this.  I have heard that I have a chance to come home with some nice frags - being sold for $5-$10 each?  Would be great to find some good deals on some frags if that is true.
badger126 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badger126 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2010 at 10:57am
Beautiful tank. Ever make it down to Idaho Falls? I know we have a travel team, my brother in law plays. If you ever make it down let me know and we can trade or something.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Idaho-Tank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2010 at 11:07am
^Yes.  Im sure we will be there at least once this year.  Actually I believe we play the Idaho Falls team this weekend in Park City.  Will have to make sure I let you know - would love to make some trades.  I have drooled over some of your Zoas advertised on IMAS.  I am McCall Reef there.
badger126 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badger126 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2010 at 11:16am
Thanks man! Always would be good to see another reefer, there's not a ton of us in IF
Chad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2010 at 4:56pm
Welcome! Hope we see you at the reef tour and if not have some fun while you are in PC.
What?! You pooped in the refrigerator, and ate the entire wheel of cheese?! I'm not even mad.... That's actually amazing!
thathiep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thathiep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2010 at 5:28pm
Welcome!!  Nice tank.  You should come down for the Mountain Reef Fest.
Will Spencer View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Will Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2010 at 6:08pm

Very colorful tank.  Nice Job.  Hope to see you at the Reef Fest.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Idaho-Tank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2010 at 8:26pm
Thanks for the welcome!  I will be at the Reef Fest for a few hours.. Hoping to buy some frags.  I have never been to one of these events but understand there are decent $5-$10 frags for sale?

I won't be able to spend the entire day at the event as my son has games but I should be able to spend several hours there.  Really looking forward to it!
Brandon1985 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brandon1985 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2010 at 10:26pm
Walcome Good to see more HOCKEY FANS GO RED WINGS my boy is 2 and im looking at getting him in to hockey ASAP just I have to find a hockey store around here in Utah lol!!
24G JBJ Nano with LEDS

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic