Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What in the world??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2010 at 9:39am
I placed him in my sump so that no one can pick on him, I will see if I can find him again and do a dip. Do I just place him in a bowl with some tank water and a bit of melafix? How much melafix to tank water? I am glad I saw him, however it could have been in the process of already happening as the tank was not taken care of very well and then add on top the alk being so low:( I feel awful as he is so cool and I hate to see any animal suffer. I am slowly raising my alk as well.
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2010 at 9:41am
Sorry Mark I have had a rough week and I took that to heartEmbarrassed I try to do as much research as I can before I purchase anythingSmile
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
CapnMorgan View Drop Down
The Capn'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapnMorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2010 at 9:46am
Jackie, I can't remember how much melafix per gallon the instructions say but I would try to stick close to that. Put the star in a large bowl or container and then dose the melafix. Let it sit in the bowl for a good 45min to an hour (but be sure to keep it warm) then return the star to the tank (don't put the dip water back into your tank). I would do this every few days if it were me. I'd also make sure it gets plenty of food to help fight off whatever is causing it. 

Edited by CapnMorgan - November 19 2010 at 11:12am
Steve
My Old 180G Mixed Reef
Currently:
120G Wavefront Mixed
29G Seahorse & Softies
Running ReefAngel Plus x2
435-8
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2010 at 9:47am
Originally posted by CapnMorgan CapnMorgan wrote:

Jackie, I can't remember how much melafix per gallon the instructions say but I would try to stick close to that. Put the sat in a large bowl or container and then dose the melafix. Let it sit in the bowl for a good 45min to an hour (but be sure to keep it warm) then return the star to the tank (don't put the dip water back into your tank). I would do this every few days if it were me. I'd also make sure it gets plenty of food to help fight off whatever is causing it. 

Sounds good thank you:)
Jackie Stuver

bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2010 at 1:21pm
So the starfish is looking better I have done a couple treatments and he is residing in the sump to heal:)
Jackie Stuver

jaschall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaschall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2010 at 1:28pm
Could of this happend when you moved the tank. It kinda looks like it might of got crushed under a rock and now has a scab.
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2010 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by jaschall jaschall wrote:

Could of this happend when you moved the tank. It kinda looks like it might of got crushed under a rock and now has a scab.

Not that I know of I placed him in the tank myself and he looked fine, so I doubt it. I think my alk being so low may have started it and then he continued to get it picked on probably by the hermits and shrimp in the tank.
Jackie Stuver

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic