3 [7.50%]
4 [10.00%]
0 [0.00%]
10 [25.00%]
4 [10.00%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
downhill_biker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote downhill_biker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: VOTE #2
    Posted: December 01 2010 at 1:33pm
This month I slacked and didn't get them posted by the 25th. I will be allowing voting for today and tomorrow will be the finals. Sorry guys, I just want to get the pic posted as soon as possible. I cannot guarantee this will be continued with the new presidency, maybe some feedback would be good. Is this something you guys like?

A

B

C

D

E

F

G

H

I

J

Make sure you post your best pictures every month in our POTM forum.
SGH360 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SGH360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2010 at 3:08pm
What the heck is D?
Sculpin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sculpin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2010 at 3:16pm
I believe it's a crinoid. It's related to a starfish but feeds through the water column. It also moves. Fun Fact (I think this is true) they were the precursors to starfish. You can actually find crinoid skeletons in the limestone all over the place here in utah, though it's very difficult to find a "roots" or the "head" but the stems are all over the place. 

I would suggest never purchasing one though since they feed through the water column they require a ton of food. They are sort of like a cross between a sea fan and starfish.

Micah

Edited by Sculpin - December 01 2010 at 3:18pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic