Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fluke Tablets

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fluke Tablets
    Posted: December 02 2010 at 11:58am
My brother just sent me this and I was curious if anyone has tried it out? Here is the link to it. http://www.reefcentral.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1355184
SGH360 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SGH360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2010 at 12:01pm
I havent personally but the links says it works, im interested on how this works out for you
Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2010 at 12:04pm
Oh i dont need to use it in my new tank I know my brother does. But Its got me thinking that there is a better way than kalk paste or joe juice.
jwoo View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2010 at 12:39pm
It seems risky to me. I don't think I'll try it unless it's a last ditch effort. I just thought it was very interesting. I'd be to scared to do it for fear of killing things that I didn't want to die!
None at the moment
Soon: 72 Gallon Bowfront
bfessler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bfessler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2010 at 9:29am
After reading the RS thread It seems like it would be better to dip the rocks you want to kill softies on and then place the rock in a QT and run carbon and do water changes before returning the piece to the display. I don't understand why so many people returned the dipped colonies back to the display immediately. Some even said they removed GSP and Leathers until the display was purged of the fluke tabs.

Using Fluke Tabs seems like a last ditch effort to kill AEFW's, some soft corals and GSP.

I do have a soft coral similar to GSP but it just looks like grass when extended and like a plucked chicken when retracted. It's nearly impossible to scrape off the rock so I may try dipping it and placing the rock in a QT for a month or so before returning it to the display.
Burt

An equal opportunity reefer,
I support all hobbyists and organizations involved in Marine Aquarium Keeping.
[email protected]
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic