Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

white spots on flame angel

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
swiftra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swiftra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2010 at 2:53pm
I have a Tang that won't touch the fish company produced seaweed but for some reason devours nori like it's going out of style. Have you tried it yet? Make sure to soak it in garlic before putting it in your tank. That seems to do the trick for my tang. Good luck little guy is too good looking not to survive. 
If you make it idiot proof, someone will find a better idiot!
Well 100g crashed when I moved it. Starting a 50g cube now.
MadReefer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadReefer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2010 at 3:10pm
I will only ever buy nori for my fish. The stuff they sell at fish stores is always stale. And if I buy nori for my fish I can eat it myself as well.
Davidwillis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davidwillis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2010 at 4:28pm
I bought some Nori Yesterday, but only the hermit crabs will eat it.  I didn't soak it in garlic though, and I fed them a lot yesterday, so I will try again tonight when they are hungry again.

It seems like spots appear later in the evening, then go away in the morning, but they are getting less each day.  I don't see any spots on my clown fish, but they are rubbing themselves in the sand like they have ich on them.  Also, both the clown fish and the flame angel hover around my peppermint shrimp, but I haven't seen the shrimp clean them.... maybe I should get a cleaner shrimp.
Davidwillis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davidwillis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2010 at 5:20pm
I was just looking through my foster and smith magazine, and saw Probiotic marine formula.  And it reminded me of about 6-8 years ago when I had my last problems with ich.  I had been lost a few fish when Tom Miller (some of you on here might remember him) told me that he had used probiotic to get rid of ich.  I tried it, and the ich went away, and I never had it again.  I kept the tank for a few more years, then sold it.

Anyway, that was a long story, but I was wondering if that was just luck, or what everyone thought.  I think I will order me a bottle, it is only 12.99
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2010 at 10:48pm
Yes, a cleaner shrimp could be useful.
Interesting about Probiotic Marine Formula. I wonder if Tom still uses it and if he has used Garlic Oil.
I have not spoken with Tom for years. I wonder if he visits here? I need to find his # and call that old man.Heart
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic