Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Holesaw

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chevmaro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chevmaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Holesaw
    Posted: December 14 2010 at 6:15pm
Anybody know where to go to buy a holesaw?  I need one for 1 1/2 inch bulkhead and a 3/4 inch bulkhead.  Also what size would this require?  Drilling a glass tank.
Reefboy4life View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reefboy4life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2010 at 6:39pm
I would check ebay.
90 gallon mixed reef
RockStarFish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RockStarFish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2010 at 6:41pm
Home depot has the lg ones for wood. You might want to check out harbor freight they might have the wood ones that are large enough. As for the glass ones I get mine from e-bay they don't last as long but you can buy one for each hole and it will still be cheaper that getting it done at a LFS. If it is you fist time drilling glass make sure to take your time and let the bit do the work and keep it cool.
Here bis a link
http:////stores.ebay.com/THK-Diamond-Tools?_rdc=1
Mike Sanches

Magna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RockStarFish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2010 at 6:42pm
Oh and is 40mm for the 3/4 and 42 for the 1in I think
Mike Sanches

Magna
Chevmaro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chevmaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2010 at 6:50pm
I was hoping to buy them locally.  I havent really been to the store yet but checked websites for sears, home depot, lowes and harbor freight.  Doesnt seem anybody has one big enough.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RockStarFish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2010 at 7:01pm
They do I have seen them. Good luck finding the glass ones locally.
Mike Sanches

Magna
Ryan Thompson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2010 at 9:41pm
glass-holes.com is your best bet. I buy all of mine through them. One of the bits has drilled at least 10 holes and still going strong.

I have bits for a 1 inch and 3/4 inch bulkhead.
CapnMorgan View Drop Down
The Capn'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapnMorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2010 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by Ryan Thompson Ryan Thompson wrote:

glass-holes.com is your best bet. I buy all of mine through them. One of the bits has drilled at least 10 holes and still going strong.

+1
Steve
My Old 180G Mixed Reef
Currently:
120G Wavefront Mixed
29G Seahorse & Softies
Running ReefAngel Plus x2
435-8
bfessler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bfessler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2010 at 4:36pm
If all you're looking for is the hole-saw glass-holes.com is great because thy offer free shipping on orders over 25.00, but if you need some other items as well Bulk Reef Supply has them a few dollars cheaper but you have to spend $175.00 for free shipping.
Burt

An equal opportunity reefer,
I support all hobbyists and organizations involved in Marine Aquarium Keeping.
[email protected]
arthuriv View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arthuriv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2010 at 6:05pm
Bulk reefs shipping is like $8 or $9
Quality Marines Aquaculturing & Captive Breeding program!
Presented by Ashley & Chelsea from Reef On
Thursday 6 Oct 2016
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic